Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my feet/ankles/knees to turn. Like a helicopter kick lol
Al very well, but I prefer to use all my limbs. Might aswell have more accuracy. I'm not doing anything else with my arms most of the time.
He’ll find out soon enough this method won’t work. And when he does, he can post the video and stills on SB for all of us to laugh at.
And thanks! Probably next summer or the one after if I can dive again
What method won't work? The one I'm already using?
What's stopping you diving? I haven't read your other posts.
Which lochs have you dived?
Katrine, Tay, Glendevon (upper and lower). There's a stone cottage in upper Glendevon, but not that interesting, it's in ruins. Just trying out equipment really.
We should have annual forum awards.

This thread seems like it would win a category hands down.
For what reason?
I think Frankie Boyle has joined SB.

Nah. Boyle isn’t nearly as insulting as the OP.
I have insulted nobody.

After careful analysis of this thread’s content, I think the below images reflect the preferred combination of techniques.

1668607266209.jpeg

PLUS

1668607386072.gif

By holding your camera close to your chest, it is positioned much closer to your center of mass than your head, making the video inherently more stable

Your hand has more range of motion than your head, allowing better shooting angles

A hand held camera can continue to take undisturbed video of the reef while you look elsewhere to check your instruments, surroundings, or check on the location and welfare of your dive buddy and other members of your dive group

One can check to ensure the positioning of the camera and light have not shifted much easier when it is in the hand and viewable, rather than mounted out of sight on a mask.

All very well, but you're using up a hand you might want to do other things with, like as you mention, checking instruments. Or you might be picking up objects to examine. And my head, funnily enough, does not wobble about. It also means I can look to my right at something interesting and film it, without having to keep looking at my viewfinder. I can just enjoy the dive, knowing everything I looked at has been recorded.

So how do you steer? How do you swim fast?
If you need your hands to steer you need more experience, most divers learn to use their fins for that pretty quick.

If your hands make a noticeable difference in your speed you are flat out using your fins wrong, the average student on their first pool session will outswim you.

I use a snappy coil to secure the tray to my BCD. Switching hands with the camera is effortless, and I can just let go if both hands are needed
Still another thing to do, why not just film what you're looking at with one less thing in the way around you?
If you need your hands to steer you need more experience, most divers learn to use their fins for that pretty quick.

If your hands make a noticeable difference in your speed you are flat out using your fins wrong, the average student on their first pool session will outswim you.
I don't use fins. I like to use as little equipment as possible. Fins are for racing, I like to dive for fun.

You've got some interesting ideas, that's for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom