Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just said it's not about speed. :banghead:

You said "It's about things like turning ninety degrees in the water column with the flick of a foot vs a whole bunch of hand sculling" - that's you being impatient. You absolutely have to turn round quickly for some reason.

Because human eyes cannot focus correctly in water, you need a water/air interface at the lens.

So are you telling us you have not learned how to cup air bubbles into your face so you don't need a mask?
Anyway you also said you are using your hands to unscrew your camera from your setup with a thumbscrew.
Must be fun putting it back on

What resolution do you get? And can't you get a video camera to just film all the time and take a snapshot when you get home?

Well most good video is taken at 4k. The snap shots are low quality when my TG6 can take photos in 12 megapixels.

24! Nice. I guess you're more a photography nut than me. I used to be one, I had this stuff (not for underwater!)

150-600-2560-1440.jpg

You needed a real setup. Bit hard to get an underwater housing for them though.

REDS AT WORK.jpg
REDS MOUNTAIN RANGES.jpg

Troll diving without fins is generally considered to be unsafe.

Sometimes just bring the fins along and use then when needed.

Attachments

• BRO NO FINS.jpg
    BRO NO FINS.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
You said "It's about things like turning ninety degrees in the water column with the flick of a foot vs a whole bunch of hand sculling" - that's you being impatient. You absolutely have to turn round quickly for some reason.

He does say about control too. Why fishes look like fishes (with big tail fins & small pectoral fins). Same apply to dolphins, whales, seals with legs morf into big paddles and arms morf into small pectoral paddles.

Of course I realise it's not a race. Which is precisely why I don't need the fins!!!!! Wow, biggest whoosh I've seen in years.

I'd like to invite you to come dive in Lombok, Bali Indonesia and dive the Manta Pot and other dive sites without fins.

Negative entry required for the dives and you need a fast descent. Sometimes the swells are more than 14 feet and wind speeds of 25mph kicking up the water. Be fun trying to get back to the boat without fins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom