Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troll diving without fins is generally considered to be unsafe.
Troll diving isn't a thing, unless you were referring to a lure fishing technique.

This guy doesn't need them.
green-troll-png-background1.png

Was that an intentional pun?
No. I guess living dangerously flew over your head. Don't you ever drive fast? Do something dangerous?
I thought you said you dive in Scotland? Not much coral there! :rofl3:
And barefoot? :rofl3:
I never said I'd coral dived, yet.
And what's so funny about barefoot? Why would I need anything on my feet?
i know he's a troll, but this is one of my only sources of entertainment at the moment LOL
No, I'm someone with different opinions to the majority, and they can't handle it.

The camera is a Sony A6300. It isn't about low-light sensitivity, it's about restoring proper colors - water absorbs reds and yellows much faster than blues and greens, so you need the strobes to overwhelm the natural light, and the more natural light your camera gathers, the more artificial light you need to add to kill the blue/green tint. My strobes are Retra Pro with superchargers, those weigh 1150g dry and 320g in the water just by themselves. The float arms are 450g dry each, but give up to 600g of buoyancy when submerged (they can be partially flooded for adjustment). The camera body alone may be just 400g, but the whole rig tips the scales at around 10kg.
You sound like a professional, is photography a hobby or a living?

Don't the fish mind the bright flash? Sounds like those things would blind them. Have you ever taken a picture of another diver with them and can they still see?
Ouch, that sounds very nasty. From what I've read, it seems they can fix it with surgery. I hope it doesn't stop you enjoying diving afterwards. You'll find a way.

Don't the fish mind the bright flash? Sounds like those things would blind them. Have you ever taken a picture of another diver with them and can they still see?

Ouch, that sounds very nasty. From what I've read, it seems they can fix it with surgery. I hope it doesn't stop you enjoying diving afterwards. You'll find a way.
yep i'm getting surgery this december. thanks! i'll definitely try :) and if not at least i can drive to meet up and hang out with divers again.

A hobby.

The flash is bright but extremely brief. I've had my picture taken with strobes (in fact, same strobe model as what I use) to no ill effect on my vision. Continuous lights are much more of a pain to deal with.

yep i'm getting surgery this december. thanks! i'll definitely try :) and if not at least i can drive to meet up and hang out with divers again.
Not sure what happens in whichever country you're in, but in the UK it's best not to inform the DVLA (UK equivalent of American DMV, the driving authority) that you have any illness, you don't want them to take driving away from you.

Not sure what happens in whichever country you're in, but in the UK it's best not to inform the DVLA (UK equivalent of American DMV, the driving authority) that you have any illness, you don't want them to take driving away from you.
In the US, unless you report it to the DMV or your doctor does, nothing will happen. Unless you cause an accident of course. My doctor told me not to drive and I’m abiding by that. Until he clears me I will be staying off the road. It’s partially my choice as well.

In the US, unless you report it to the DMV or your doctor does, nothing will happen. Unless you cause an accident of course. My doctor told me not to drive and I’m abiding by that. Until he clears me I will be staying off the road. It’s partially my choice as well.
Yes, same here, depends if your doc grasses you off. My elderly neighbour has dementia/alzheimers/psychological problems with his wife dying, we're not sure which. He drives perfectly well (I asked him for a lift to find out), apart from in reverse (funny watching him trying to get out of his drive without hitting my car!) We've managed to keep it a secret from the evil government. No way I could live without driving. I'd drive illegally if I was told not to.

Yes, same here, depends if your doc grasses you off. My elderly neighbour has dementia/alzheimers/psychological problems with his wife dying, we're not sure which. He drives perfectly well (I asked him for a lift to find out), apart from in reverse (funny watching him trying to get out of his drive without hitting my car!) We've managed to keep it a secret from the evil government. No way I could live without driving. I'd drive illegally if I was told not to.
I totally understand the last part. But my memory and brain fog has made me scared to drive almost…I know it’s dangerous. My reflexes are horrible. I thought my mom was gonna slam into a semi and didn’t say anything.

I totally understand the last part. But my memory and brain fog has made me scared to drive almost…I know it’s dangerous. My reflexes are horrible. I thought my mom was gonna slam into a semi and didn’t say anything.
I can appreciate how you feel. I have a (MUCH LESSER) problem of fog/memory as I have something along the lines of chronic fatigue syndrome which affects the brain as well as the muscles. In my case I can boost my brain with chocolate etc, but I'm guessing that might not work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom