Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
24MP

No, because to match the prompt intensity of light emitted by a pair of strobes using a continuous light, I would need a lighting rig the size of a small submarine.
How old is the camera? I was pleasantly surprised to find the CCDs in modern phones and cameras are several times more sensitive than older ones, hence you can now take photos in lower lighting than you can see with your own eye.

@Naked diver 2

You have ~60 posts divided between two threads you started - this one and “Scuba on a budget” in 2021 that was closed due to unsafe diving practices.

Nice knowing you.

Buh-bye.

@Naked diver 2

You have ~60 posts divided between two threads you started - this one and “Scuba on a budget” in 2021 that was closed due to unsafe diving practices.

Nice knowing you.

Buh-bye.
Unsafe is more fun, live a little.

And you need to get a hobby if you have enough time to look up where I've posted. How sad can you get?

So, what's unsafe in this one? My camera might bump someone on the head?

It's mainly the hassle of wearing loads of unnecessary stuff, and the camera was a tenner. Amazing how people shout troll when they can't handle being wrong. Easier to walk on land without fins, easier to damage coral etc with fins, feels nicer with bare feet, camera and torch on the mask means 2 less things to carry.
I thought you said you dive in Scotland? Not much coral there! :rofl3:
And barefoot? :rofl3:

How old is the camera? I was pleasantly surprised to find the CCDs in modern phones and cameras are several times more sensitive than older ones, hence you can now take photos in lower lighting than you can see with your own eye.
The camera is a Sony A6300. It isn't about low-light sensitivity, it's about restoring proper colors - water absorbs reds and yellows much faster than blues and greens, so you need the strobes to overwhelm the natural light, and the more natural light your camera gathers, the more artificial light you need to add to kill the blue/green tint. My strobes are Retra Pro with superchargers, those weigh 1150g dry and 320g in the water just by themselves. The float arms are 450g dry each, but give up to 600g of buoyancy when submerged (they can be partially flooded for adjustment). The camera body alone may be just 400g, but the whole rig tips the scales at around 10kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom