Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure hope it was a joke.....I always carry a spare dive computer in my bag.....just in case. Murphy's Law ya know

If I was too cheap to buy my kid a computer for years, do you think I am going to travel around with a spare computer for a one-day outing?

Always enjoy a good driving story.
Thanks for sharing.

Totally agree!

---------- Post added January 20th, 2014 at 05:45 PM ----------

If I was too cheap to buy my kid a computer for years, do you think I am going to travel around with a spare computer for a one-day outing?

Haha! I really like that smaller net you use, I need to get me one.

Totally agree!

---------- Post added January 20th, 2014 at 05:45 PM ----------

Haha! I really like that smaller net you use, I need to get me one.

I found the hoop part underwater. the handle is a piece of a pole spear attached with electrical tape and the net is some commercial fishing net that I tied to the frame with waxed line. I should have made the net just a little deeper, maybe 2 inches... but i am too lazy to re-do it.

I'm gonna look you up if I ever get down that way..I love eating lobster and Ill hunt with you anytime...:)
Me too :)

---------- Post added January 20th, 2014 at 06:03 PM ----------

You sound like a sick and demented individual. Do you look at a mollusc, an arthropod, even a teleost and think "Wow I bet once I rubbed all the slime off that thing or ripped the exoskeleton off...it would taste really good"
We have big giant molluscs around here, big slimy ones that we pry off rocks and sometimes I can't help myself I slice a little off in the parking lot and eat it with a dab of wasabi, Mmmm-mm!
Then there are these really ugly things that we also pry off rocks way deep and the meat looks like a biscuit when it's cleaned, they are like candy.
Then there are these round dome shaped things that have spikes sticking out all over. I break it open like an egg and there are these yellow pockets along the sides along with all this brown sh_t that pours out from the middle. I take those yellow packet things and rinse them at the sea shore with salt water and eat them right there, it's like rocket fuel. Sweet and tasty.

I'm well aquainted with mollusks, but what's an arthropod and a teloest?

Regards,
Your friendly neighborhood sick and twisted seafood garbage gut.

Hey, I hear you guys are having a little problem with a fish that has long stinging spines and eats everything in sight.
Need any help?

sure hope it was a joke.....I always carry a spare dive computer in my bag.....just in case. Murphy's Law ya know

We all know how cheap you are....maybe one day you will be able to afford an expensive funeral or two with all the money you have saved over the years by not having the proper equipment or training for you and your kids.....I hope not.

We all know how cheap you are....maybe one day you will be able to afford an expensive funeral or two with all the money you have saved over the years by not having the proper equipment or training for you and your kids.....I hope not.

Very nice sentiments there buddy...Thanks!

I still don't believe that you would do this dive as you described. What a very stupid thread to start. You chose to dive without a bottom timer and a means to monitor your depth so it becomes your son’s problem. You keep saying things about you son like, “…he is not looking at his computer and I look again soon after and we are at 42 feet. So I am pissed.” Also, “I try to signal to him that he needs to look at his computer and that he needs to modulate our ascent.” “I am getting super frustrated that he is not looking at his computer intently and bringing us up slowly and uniformly.” But you chose to leave your son and go back down for more lobsters. Then you add, “I decide to mention not a word about how pissed I was about his failure to modulate the ascent (at least until we are on the boat).”

Tomfcrist please take over and point out why this dive, even done, should have never had been posted here or anywhere else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom