Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got 13 between the three of us. we normally broil them.

After the scuba dive, some of the guys (and I) went snorkeling with chum in 90 feet over some shipwrecks, which brought in some bull sharks. I shot a small amberjack, we didn't get anything else.
Wow! I'm lucky to even see any during the day down in Socal.
But when I do get them I like to split the tail top down in the center with a sharp knife without cutting through the bottom side of the shell, then I fold them in half so the cut meat side is up. Then I put olive oil, a few pats of butter, a little sea salt, garlic powder, and a little black pepper and grill them on the barbecue. For the last few minutes I flip them over to put grill marks and a slight sear on the meat side. They are wonderful.
My fish I grill also, or beer batter it with McCormick beer batter mix and I pick a rich tasty micro brew that's not too bitter for the batter, then fry it in pure peanut oil. I'm discovering that avacado oil is also a great high heat cooking oil.

Hmm, all this from a guy that slammed me for making a comment that I felt 10 years old was to young to get certified? Glad he didn't certify my son!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, all this from a guy that slammed me for making a comment that I felt 10 years old was to young to get certified? Glad he didn't certify my son!

Did I hurt your feelings some time ago in some other thread? Sorry I don't remember, but hey, it definitely does seem to be on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
No feelings hurt here I would have to give sh** for that just thought it was ironic.

A few more creatures we won't be seeing.

I got video of the lobsters... you can "be seeing" them over and over.

Do you want me to post some video of the amberjack swimming before I shot it?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::rofl3:

I got video of the lobsters... you can "be seeing" them over and over.

Do you want me to post some video of the amberjack swimming before I shot it?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::rofl3:

I had fish for lunch today...nobody is ever going to see that one again either :)

I like to look at sea life and appreciate it, then I like to eat it.

You sound like a sick and demented individual. Do you look at a mollusc, an arthropod, even a teleost and think "Wow I bet once I rubbed all the slime off that thing or ripped the exoskeleton off...it would taste really good"

We got 13 between the three of us. we normally broil them.

After the scuba dive, some of the guys (and I) went snorkeling with chum in 90 feet over some shipwrecks, which brought in some bull sharks. I shot a small amberjack, we didn't get anything else.

I'm gonna look you up if I ever get down that way..I love eating lobster and Ill hunt with you anytime...:)

sure hope it was a joke.....I always carry a spare dive computer in my bag.....just in case. Murphy's Law ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom