Tobermory ON Aug 27-31, 2007 Come One Come All (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Classic, TG simply classic!
Ber :lilbunny:

That should be the trip motto

It's the "Who's got your dork now?" Tobermory trip! Gotta be some head bobbing when we say it too :rofl:

And a little snap, snap, snap in a circle action...

Maybe a little "we in da club" (but I don't think there's anyone in our group who can pull that one off... maybe betail or steve_dives- I haven't met them yet, but I'm thinkin' "no")

My internet is out at home, and it seemed like ScubaBoard was down earlier, so I'm getting around to posting the menu now!

We're bringing taco fixins! Quarry food seems to be soft and squishy, so we went for something with a crunch! In addition to the shells and beef, we will have avocado, salsa, tomato, cheese, onion, lettuce, sour cream, and in case anyone wants to kick it up a notch *bam* a bottle or two of Tabasco sauce. I have some antacid in medical kit. :wink:

We also have a dessert planned. It will be either a lime or lemon thing, I need to make a test batch. (Darn!) It will be cold. The lemon thing was tested by some of Ber's students (among others), and, well, it went quick.

One last thing. Ber has a reunion that Saturday. I offered her the option of bailing out on the meal prep since she may not be there, but she simply refuses to do that. I'd like propose moving the taco dinner to a taco lunch if our favorite dive bunny will miss out. It sounds like it will be something we just have to play by ear (ear...rabbit...:rofl3:) given everything going on that day.

Steve_Dives:
(ear...rabbit...:rofl3:)

Steve... are we still carpooling to Toby? I'm not sure if I can take it for 12 hours... :D

Tacos sound wonderful and I'm happy with anytime anywhere!

And what's this lemon-lime thing? Is that like the swamp thing? I'm a little nervous now. What with the quarry monster and all...

trucker girl:
Where do you get your neoprene socks? I bought... microprene? I think? And I'm planning to bring several pairs or merino wool socks. I'd like to get neoprene socks if I can find them!

Hi Trucker girl,
Here are some 3mm (tall) neoprene socks from Leisurepro for about $17:
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_983/Context_980/Sort_Stock/DescSort_0/AQUNDST.html?Hit=1

There are other brands of neoprene socks in the same boot section of Leisurepro and at other online retailers. They are also sold at or can be ordered through some LDS's.

The problem with wool socks is that not only are they not as warm, but they take forever to dry, so you need many pairs, and then you travel back with umpteen wet pairs of socks. One pair of neoprene socks dries extremely fast and keeps you warmer.

Also, if your boots are a little roomy, the socks will fill them in and stop the excessive water transfer which makes your feet colder. :wink:

Ber Rabbit, That's your husband's image on the plaque on the Arabia. Neat!

I will consider joining you, thanks for the invite. I wish it was on the weekend, though, that would be easier...

Ayisha:
Ber Rabbit, That's your husband's image on the plaque on the Arabia. Neat!

I will consider joining you, thanks for the invite. I wish it was on the weekend, though, that would be easier...

Sure is! I had been dating him for a couple years before I found out that picture was him. My instructor told me LOL! We stopped in to visit Dan Orr at DAN a couple years ago and when Dan told one of his marketing guys who Bruce was the guy had to have Bruce's autograph on one of the stickers with the image :)

LOL! The weekend is only easier when you don't have a 12 hour drive :D We head home Friday afternoon, stop at my in-laws cabin in Indiana and spend the night then head on home Saturday or Sunday. Besides, going during the week almost guarantees we have control of the boat :wink:

Would love to have you join us if you can!
Ber :lilbunny:

trucker girl:
Steve... are we still carpooling to Toby? I'm not sure if I can take it for 12 hours... :D

I'll try not speed eat M&M's and No Doze...least not for the whole trip...don't want to be twitchen' like some addict at the border you know! :wink:

Ber Rabbit:
Hubby and I did the Forest City two years ago when we got blown off the Arabia. It's a nice wreck but I like the Arabia better. This will probably be our last trip up there and we wanted to get a bunch of pictures of the bow of the Arabia. We dive out of Wright State University and the man who started our scuba program, Dan Orr, is the one who took WSU divers out to put the plaque down by the wheel. The image of the diver on the plaque is from a picture Dan took of my husband many years ago.

That's why I put Mr.Rabbit on my dive buddy crush list, what is it, three ScubaBoards ago??? :D After all, I basically dive with his picture attached to the D-ring on my BC's left shoulder strap!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom