to rock boot or not to rock boot ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Shoot... now I know you don't have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about... DIRburgers are Veggie Delights!

<sigh>. My point exactly. All that gas thats generated is enough to power a hybrid car. If you try to bend over, you either hold it or kill anything behind you. Or yourself if your DS is zipped up :crafty:

jonnythan:
No. It's not that big a deal.

At least, MHK didn't mind that a couple of us had rock boots. He explained why they were "not ideal" but of course had no problem with us diving them. Ask your instructor, but I can't imagine any of them not letting you take DIRF cause of the rock boots.

Of course they'll let you take the class with rock boots, passing it while wearing rock boots is something altogether different :wink:

jonnythan:
No. It's not that big a deal.

At least, MHK didn't mind that a couple of us had rock boots. He explained why they were "not ideal" but of course had no problem with us diving them. Ask your instructor, but I can't imagine any of them not letting you take DIRF cause of the rock boots.
So why are they "not ideal"?

Well, he explained why they're not DIR, I should have said. I guess it makes sense if you're diving places that don't require much walking on uneven terrain, but I believe the idea is that the laces can (and do) come undone and present a major entanglement hazard, and the can interfere with some kicks. You'll have to pry mine off my cold dead feet though, they're way better than wetsuit booties for walking on rocks.. and infinitely better than Turbo Soles or anything like that.

lal7176:
This thread is turning into a serious "coke alert" :happywave You guys are to funny

already sprayed coffee all over my monitor once today due to this thread...

Doc Intrepid:
Bob,

Just so you know it, rock boots are not DIR! If this will cause you to lay awake nights, then go with turbo soles.

FWIW

Nah ... that's not something I'll obsess over. Heck, I still wear a dive computer, and prefer my HID light in my right hand.

As long as I get my kicks and bouyancy control up to the level of "DIR-compliant", I'll be able to sleep OK ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

jonnythan:
I believe the idea is that the laces can (and do) come undone and present a major entanglement hazard, and the can interfere with some kicks.

OK ... nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix though ... works for hockey players, after all ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug Math

Dry Gloves = Warm feet.

It makes one wonder. Would a Dryhood = Warm Elbows? A Full Face Mask = Warm Knees?

The possibilities of this biological roadmap boggle the mind.

K

Mo2vation:
Uncle Pug Math

Dry Gloves = Warm feet.

It makes one wonder. Would a Dryhood = Warm Elbows? A Full Face Mask = Warm Knees?

The possibilities of this biological roadmap boggle the mind.

K

P valve == warm legs?

Back
Top Bottom