to rock boot or not to rock boot ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
The biggest complaint I have with the rock boots is the extra time and effort donning and doffing the suit. But if Bob ends up going with rock boots I'll just plan on stopping at Subway and having a DIRburger before arriving at the dive site. :D

If you'd quit eatin those DIRburgers, you'd be able to bend over far enough to tie your laces with the rest of us :)

I'm all about my Rock Boots. I'm never in such a rush that I can't spend the 2 minutes it takes to put them on. Those of us who are in that much of a hurry might need to reevaluate their lives and priorities :wink:

I'm not in a hurry... I can wait... take your time...

Make sure you get all your stuff attached and hooked up... adjust your snorkle and breath through it a couple of times to make sure it is turned on... I'll just read another chapter and finish my DIRburger before slipping into my Andy's... I'll be waiting for you at the down line.

Take your time... I can wait... I'm not in a hurry. :D

Guess I'll have to learn how to talk and lace my shoes at the same time ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'll lace 'em up for you Bob... I usually have a lot of time on my hands at the dive sites... and you can keep jabbering... you'll just have to stand still.

Doc Intrepid:
Ouch Pug. Dissing my snorkel-time. Now that's low. :D

Bob,

Just so you know it, rock boots are not DIR! If this will cause you to lay awake nights, then go with turbo soles.

I've also got the rock boots and I like'em. I had attached boots on a Viking I owned before my DUI. What would occur is that the sole of the attached boot would plant firmly, then my foot would slide around inside the boot, either fore and aft if climbing down a slope to the water, or side to side if trying to climb over rocky coastlines (bad ju ju, esp. with doubles on). Same thing when moving around on boats. Rock boots eliminate this (Go figure...)

Other guys have different experiences, but that's my personal experience and thats why I use rock boots.

FWIW

Great! Just great. I'm taking DIR-F in January. Will I have to change out before DIR-F?

No. It's not that big a deal.

At least, MHK didn't mind that a couple of us had rock boots. He explained why they were "not ideal" but of course had no problem with us diving them. Ask your instructor, but I can't imagine any of them not letting you take DIRF cause of the rock boots.

jonnythan:
No. It's not that big a deal.

At least, MHK didn't mind that a couple of us had rock boots. He explained why they were "not ideal" but of course had no problem with us diving them. Ask your instructor, but I can't imagine any of them not letting you take DIRF cause of the rock boots.

Thanks Johnnythan, I actually found a picture of my DIR F instructor "to be" wearing rock boots so I think I'm ok. :)

Yellow accented Dry Suit:

http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/view_photo.php?set_albumName=tech1_nov02_above&id=PB110863_web

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom