To all you small women..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bspurr13

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a daughter that is pretty small, at about 5' 2" (14 years old) and about 105#. She currently has a SQ Libra that is a bit worn... Looking to get her a BP/wing set-up... My question is: how does a full-sized BP fit on a frame that is so small? I guess I could let her try mine; but I would love some input from all you petite little divers out there...

I have a daughter that is pretty small, at about 5' 2" (14 years old) and about 105#. She currently has a SQ Libra that is a bit worn... Looking to get her a BP/wing set-up... My question is: how does a full-sized BP fit on a frame that is so small? I guess I could let her try mine; but I would love some input from all you petite little divers out there...

No need to use a "one size fits all plate".

We make a range of plates to fi a range of divers. Our small plate is routinely used by divers under 5'3"

Look here https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?product=1

These small plates are about 2 1/2" shorter than the typical "one size fits all" plates.

Tobin

Tobin's small plate is a very nicely made piece with some really unique molded inserts to protect the harness strap as well. The 17lb wing is a very nice piece as well and is about right for your daughter too. One of the divers I work with uses that same setup and she likes it a great deal.

Tobin's small plate will fit very small divers. One additional recommendation -- if you thread the harness the normal way and your daughter finds the webbing is digging into her upper arms, try crossing the straps behind her head. That puts them closer to her neck as they go over her shoulders, and gets rid of the arm-eating thing.

Great idea to go with the BP/W, from my standpoint; as a small woman, I was delighted with having gear that I could adjust until it really FIT.

Back
Top Bottom