Thinking of a DGX SoftPac BCD system for my wife. Any input?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What fits YOUR body with regards to harness is likely a totally different thing for a woman. You can be petite, but still have boobage. I’ve found a harness with a chest strap works very well for me.

You may be scandalized by a non-continuous webbing harness with a chest strap, but a lot of people don’t give a flying fig and uses what they like and what fits them.
I AM a woman....

I am not petite, but a few of my friends are (Hence the comment about getting a small plate)
I have been both grossly overweight, and normal weight.
I only spoke of MY experience. I have never said anything was "scandalous" but MY experience has been that chest-straps and bucles usually are un needed ad ons.

I AM a woman....

I am not petite, but a few of my friends are (Hence the comment about getting a small plate)
I have been both grossly overweight, and normal weight.
I only spoke of MY experience. I have never said anything was "scandalous" but MY experience has been that chest-straps and bucles usually are un needed ad ons.
Lot of guys here who beat the freaking continuous webbing harness until the topic is past dead.

I like the Hydros, myself, but there is NO way she will let me spend that kind of money on a BC for her. She’s still not positive she likes diving enough, though I think she’s hooked 😆.
It is for her not you. Tell her that you love her so much, deep down you want the best for her 😜

It will work, trust me I have 3 wives.

My wife is a new diver, 7 dives, and has not been impressed with the 3 BCs that she has used so far. She likes the streamline of my BP/W, but I'm not sure how she's going to like the lack of comfort, especially when walking to the shore for the shore diving that is done around here and in Bonaire.

Thanks for any input,

Erik
Have her look at the Sub Gravity Paragon system. You get a choice of 5 backplates that includes a stainless steel & an aluminum short plate, they come with a back pad included. You can get the system with an adjustable harness that is clean & simple and no plastic parts. You can also order harness shoulder pads for it. Their pads are neutrally buoyant. They also have 3 weight pocket sizes as well as backplate & regular trim pockets.
I have their 3mm aluminum plate, 26 lb wing and adjustable harness.

Almost $1200 for a glorified backplate and wing? A few years when they upgrade the model or just decide t discontinue it altogether, you’ll be out of luck for parts.
I just cringe looking at all that plastic.

Almost $1200 for a glorified backplate and wing? A few years when they upgrade the model or just decide t discontinue it altogether, you’ll be out of luck for parts.

Scubapro is well known for supporting their equipment years (or decades) after they EoS equipment. The Hyros Pro BC is one of the best selling SP BC's ever, they will continue to support it for the coming MANY years.

Back
Top Bottom