To All Rebreather Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have looked into rebreathers numerous times throughout my brief diving career, I always say..that's just too much going on for me. Well last night I started reading the Evolution manual and it didn't take too long before I realized I was over my head again...

Too many, you must remember to do this, or you need to do this otherwise you WILL die comments.

I realize those with experience are smirking, possibly because you felt this way before being trained or gaining in the experience or you just see the light now....for whatever reason...

I applaud all rebreather divers who are safety concious. It is quite an accomplishment to be able to dive a rebreather, you are in a vast minority and will continue to be for sometime.

I envy your accomplishment, you guys rule!!!

jepuskar:
I have looked into rebreathers numerous times throughout my brief diving career, I always say..that's just too much going on for me. Well last night I started reading the Evolution manual and it didn't take too long before I realized I was over my head again...

Too many, you must remember to do this, or you need to do this otherwise you WILL die comments.

I realize those with experience are smirking, possibly because you felt this way before being trained or gaining in the experience or you just see the light now....for whatever reason...

I applaud all rebreather divers who are safety concious. It is quite an accomplishment to be able to dive a rebreather, you are in a vast minority and will continue to be for sometime.

I envy your accomplishment, you guys rule!!!

THANK YOU

I'm sure you could dive a RB with the right training... :D

I would'nt get to worked up over those statements, while true. If you get proper training you shouldnt fear RB diving. You could just as easily add those statements to microwaves, automobiles or numerous other items. Good training and common sense is what makes a good RB diver.....you could quite easily be as "safe" a rb diver as anyone here, just pick a good instructor and educate yourself. It is really not that difficult and in my opinion, no more dangerous than OC. All the accident reports I seem to read, be it OC or CCR, point to health issues, improper training or no common sense. No brain no, no pain. Otherwise you would be fine....

Mike,

I'm not debating the 'safety' of rebreathers, but that they ARE less forgiving. I know I could be a good rebreather diver, but I chose not to at the moment because it doesnt fit the kind of diving I do. I just think its cool for those of you who have, so just say thank you for the compliment. :)

Thank you! Join the dark side :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom