TlS 350 signature fitting issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok friends ... so here's the test, two of my "primary dive buddies are husband and wife. they both have 100% custom DUIs ... whew that had to hit their wallet eh?

they are M I S E R A B L E in their dry suits and are sickened by the comfort i find in my BARE. they are also not content with the service from where they bought the suits. (I bought mine at the same shop actually).

they too fall into the (ill just suffer diving wet rather than diving in a drysuit that doesnt fit) category

so heres the deal. DUI will be truly put to the test this saturday. our local training facility has a DUI demo day.

im ridiculously anxious to see DUI's "incredible customer service" as im blown away by some of these stories. for those of you who know me in person and on the board, you know integrity will be a driving force behind my update on this next week.

if i sound skeptical its because i AM. my friends dropped a pretty penny for DUI customs that clearly look to be made for beings from holland for him and a man for her (crazy tall and no chest)

be certain that i will follow up.

wish you were right ... about ANYTHING you said....

my friends were measured by DUI originally at BTS. they were remeasured by DUI at a demo day.

(YOUR OFF MARK)

shame on you and you may consider removing your post since you are clueless about the situation and did as so many do, chime in before researching what you are offering your 2cents about ... next time ask a question before ASSuming since we all know what that does.

So Ronzo -- are you saying your friends were remeasured now? What were the findings? Thanks!

ok people. time for an honest update.sorry for all you dui religious fanatics out there.

May 26 was the last time i wrote about my friends problem regarding dui demo day on May 22. today is June 7. not a word or update about the suits or any eta.

the good news? it has only been 15 days. this saturday will be 3 weeks. we were told in house time is approximately 2 weeks. time to get there and time to get them back... a week is fair. throw in a little more to error on dui's side for conservatism? no problem. if they are divable (the suits) for the following weekend, that will have been a month. i feel a month (although 50% longer than the estimate) is a fair amount of time to address the necessary issues. as always, i will update in a completely honest fashion. there will be no biases. when/if they come in with proper fit, all will be noted.

to reiterate on an ignorant comment made early in this thread, a point needs to be re-addressed.... the two people i refer to throughout this thread were measured by DUI reps in person (as well as LDS dui retailers) both before and after ordering. prior to this circumstance, they were measured in person once again.

shame on the morons speaking about anything not related.

and again, you may want to read the link to DUI's site that states that all signature series customs are "tailored" (not my word, theirs)

So Ronzo -- are you saying your friends were remeasured now? What were the findings? Thanks!

glad you asked....

ironically, the moment faith saw them, (especially the male) she was floored. it was sort of funny because if you know faith, she is the type of cat that "rolls with the punches" so to see a reaction was amusing. his legs alone had about 7 extra inches of length that were so obvious, gaiters couldnt hide it ... also, thats 7 extra inches beyond what DUI already incorporates and im giving you that number from the "re-measure" because realistically it looked like a ton more material and would have been very easy to exaggerate. in other words, if he is 5'10", the suit would have comfortably fit a person 6'5" plus the normal dui elongation.

for the female, it was slightly less dramatic as the arm circumference would not allow for her to reach valves ... how might arm circumference hinder valve drills (or forbid, an emergency attention)? the arms were too tight to allow her to reach back. or when in a streamlined position to frog kick with arms extended ahead for moving the fulcrum forward in balancing, she simply could not do so. the arms were also short. in essence, since we dive in the northeast, it can get cold. she was unable to wear her heaviest undergarments and dive comfortably (which for me equates somewhat to safely) ... if you would like to know more, she primarily uses fourth element as well (not exactly the thickest considering the level of warmth attained versus some other makes like bare for instance where you need much more material to gain similar levels of insulation. fourth element being the better here)

hope that helps.

also, in case i didnt point out earlier, these are problems throughout the industry. i dont think i ever said one company is SO much better than another. the real problem at hand is mixed stories from people working for the same company (DUI). the real problem is one will tell you there is no such thing as a TAILORED suit. another will tell you different patterns are stitched together. a third will tell you one model has a higher percentage of fitting. and then another specifically reads"SIGNATURE SERIES™
Select one of DUI's premium drysuit styles tailored to your measurements and includes DUI's most popular accessories - Kevlar or CF200 knee pads, two pockets of your choice and a separate DUI drysuit hood. Designated by a Signature Series patch." DUI Drysuits - made by Diving Unlimited International

this all being well and good but we'll see how long it takes and how many dives are missed due to these claims.

i guess 50 degree water isnt that bad in a 7mm wetsuit ... but i will share that since i was dry and they were wet, we stayed at depths much less than had they been dry for the past 8 dives in the past 2 weeks.

Ronzo
I don't see an answer to the question pertaining to what their measurements were. You state how they were out of proportion to the body sizes, but not the EXACT measurement sent in by the diveshop and the ones DUI did. It does not matter how many times they were measured by DUI, if the wrong sizes were ordered by the diveshop it would not fit correctly. Did the LDS that ordered the suit verify the measurements by DUI, did they mearure themselves and change what DUI had given them? ? And, if they were measured by DUI and then tested a demo suit and it fit, then the measurements were correct and the diveshop did a piss poor job on the paperwork and or measurements. The more you add in, the more it appears the shop did a half azz job on this. Why are they not helping out this couple? I don't mean to sound like I am attacking you, more like the LDS's that do not do their job properly and then blame the company.

Ronzo
I don't see an answer to the question pertaining to what their measurements were. You state how they were out of proportion to the body sizes, but not the EXACT measurement sent in by the diveshop and the ones DUI did. It does not matter how many times they were measured by DUI, if the wrong sizes were ordered by the diveshop it would not fit correctly. Did the LDS that ordered the suit verify the measurements by DUI, did they mearure themselves and change what DUI had given them? ? And, if they were measured by DUI and then tested a demo suit and it fit, then the measurements were correct and the diveshop did a piss poor job on the paperwork and or measurements. The more you add in, the more it appears the shop did a half azz job on this. Why are they not helping out this couple? I don't mean to sound like I am attacking you, more like the LDS's that do not do their job properly and then blame the company.

sorry jester i thought i was forward enough for you.
i appreciate you pointing out that you are not attacking me.
i also appreciate your point about the LDS... this is one of the major reasons for on-line retailers over powering mom and pop shops.

DUI measured them. DUI measured them and the suits were manufactured incorrectly. (not that i am defending the shop as they have made errors in the past as well).

i do NOT rule out your point that it is possible that paperwork was handled incorrectly somewhere since that actually could be the ONLY possible solution (in my opinion) because i fail to agree with the possibility that someone at dui would purposely ruin a suit ... thats moronic. so, in fact, i cant see any other possibility other than paper work being the issue. and for the record, the same guy who measured me from dui is the one who measured them.

HOWEVER, it looks like DUI may correct the problem. THIS is the whole point of this thread. DUI may be a great company with great customer service and attentiveness. hopefully this thread will attest to yet another satisfied customer(s).

perhaps it can also lend to others interested in buying suits.

some people find it difficult to part with $2500 (or more) but upon reading how customer service handles a situation, can determine why cost is higher.

many people are willing to pay more for service ... this could be one of those cases.

Folks, i have a TLS350 and 30/30. They arrived as perfect fit. But i took alot of time to get the fit right and the 30/30 is the cave cut. Even after i took and re-took my measurements, DUI called my LDS to question a few measurements and voila....DUI found a problem before they made the suite.

Ok...a bit pricey but i got what i paid for...perfection. Thank you DUI for your proactive diligence.

Good luck.

I agree it ultimately comes down to the LDS, but I found out at the Tacoma show that the store I got my suit from had never been trained to measure for a DUI suit. I would think that if DUI wants to be the best, they should make it mandatory that in order to become a DUI dealer, you need to have DUI teach you how to measure for their suits. As much as it makes the LDS look bad when something comes out wrong, the DUI label is on the suit and it makes them look bad too.

I actually got a call from DUI last week, I suggested to them that they put something like that in place and he agreed and said he was going to recommend it to VP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom