TlS 350 signature fitting issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They do? I know my dealer has gotten stuck with "Made to Order" suit when it didn't fit the customer. I don't know what the problem was but they got stuck with it. And that is why some dealers are reluctant to raise issue with DUI and simply telling their customers the suit fits fine.

DUI, I was NOT expecting perfection, but for a $3k+ suit, it should at least fit reasonably well. It's interesting to note when I spoke to a DUI today, I was told I fall within a medium size, yet I was some how give a large top because of my waist is disproportion to my chest size.

By the way, how come it took three times for them to get it right? Was it because you showed up in person and witness the problem? I'm tempted to show up at DUI door step if that is what it takes.

The question is will DUI eat this and not pass the cost to my dealer.

They will have to eat it up unless they can find something wrong in the ordering process, some measurement that was not properly taken or some other mistake made by your LDS or yourself.

The lady at the service department said they were losing money with my suit.
From the parts they had to replace (sleeves with latex seals, legs with neoprene socks, etc) and UPS charges.

It also depends if your LDS has good standing with them.

Good luck on your quest, as a customer paying good money you are owed good merchandise.

I've been selling drysuits for 17 years and DUI for 3 years. My experience has been that DUI has excellent customer service - especially if THEY screwed something up. If the dive shop screwed up then they should of course correct it.

Try something first though - grab up all the "extra" material in your hand and try the following - bend over, squat, try putting on your fins and try reaching behind you like you are retrieving your regulator. Sometimes there is extra material just for movement. The TLS materials doesnt stretch. The telescoping torso corrects for a lot of this as well. You might want to check the order form also - if you were measured in a thinner undergarment and the shop checked to cut the suit for the heaviest undergarment that will add some girth. There's quite a few places to screw up on the form if they aren't that familiar with it.

I greatly apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I do not see that we ever received notice of your question so we were unaware of your concern.

Let me start by saying that we do guarantee fit assuming the measurements and information supplied is all correct. So we are happy to work with you to make sure the fit is what you want and expect. The first step is going to your dealer to have them look at you in the suit and your maximum insulation so they can communicate their observations to us. We often ask for pictures and usually ask for them to remeasure you just to make sure that isn't part of the problem. It is great if you can arrange to go there at a time when we are open as the store can call us when you are there. We are very happy to work with you and your dealer to a successful resolution.

I will add a couple of things about how we make made to order suits and where there are challenges in fit. When we receive the measurements, we input them into a computer that searches our base patterns, of which there are hundreds, and picks the closest one to the critical measurements. The computer then uses the measurements to determine what else needs to be changed from that pattern to fit all of the measurements. The computer also factors in the type of insulation you are wearing and if you are male and female because the amount of ease needed in the material will vary accordingly. We do NOT "piece" things together. Nor have we ever done that even when the suits were cut by hand. The difference now is the computer makes the adjustments a human eye and hand used to do.

We do have challenges given all of the suits are one piece garments and most with a zipper across the front. These two factors mean that the waist of the suit needs to be big enough to allow the hips to pass through it when donning. The waist also needs to be big enough to allow the telescoping torso to be pulled up into your upper torso so you can raise the suit over your head to get it on and off. For people whose waist is significantly smaller than their hips, that can mean the waist of the suit will be bigger than it needs to be once the suit is completely on. This problem is particularly noticeble for women and is the primary reason we added the drawstring in the back for most of our models many years ago.

That may be part of your problem here. Once you bring the suit into the dealer, we can look at the pictures and the measurements and see if we can bring in the hips and waist without compromising your ability to don and doff the suit. I am sure we can help you out. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Faith

I now understand why my suit was cut the way it was. I have a narrow waist, broad shoulders + chest, and sightly wider hip, which means when I put on my suit, my hip must pass through the waist opening. If the suit was cut to my actual waist size, it would be impossible for my hips to slide through. This is the limitation in a one piece trilam design. I totally get it why my suit was baggy. Even going down a size didn't make much of a difference in the roominess of the waist; nonetheless, it was slightly better, albeit in my mind.

The customer service I received from DUI is nothing short of EXCELLENT!
I was told what's important is that I'm happy with my suit, and I am very satisfied with the level of service I received. If you have a problem with your suit, they will make it right. All that said I would buy another DUI suit.

I have the same issue, I am going to change my undergarments instead of getting a new suit.

Issue resolved! My replacement suit fits GREAT! It's worth every penny and the wait.

The customer service was amazing - simple and nonsense. DUI's Production Manager and VP of Sales personally help getting me dialed in. I am blown away by the level of service.

Thank you DUI and stay Classy!!

I wish I had pushed the issue, I accepted what I got and will never do that again, although my LDS kept telling me it looked fine so I guess I can't be upset with DUI.

ok friends ... so here's the test, two of my "primary dive buddies are husband and wife. they both have 100% custom DUIs ... whew that had to hit their wallet eh?

they are M I S E R A B L E in their dry suits and are sickened by the comfort i find in my BARE. they are also not content with the service from where they bought the suits. (I bought mine at the same shop actually).

they too fall into the (ill just suffer diving wet rather than diving in a drysuit that doesnt fit) category

so heres the deal. DUI will be truly put to the test this saturday. our local training facility has a DUI demo day.

im ridiculously anxious to see DUI's "incredible customer service" as im blown away by some of these stories. for those of you who know me in person and on the board, you know integrity will be a driving force behind my update on this next week.

if i sound skeptical its because i AM. my friends dropped a pretty penny for DUI customs that clearly look to be made for beings from holland for him and a man for her (crazy tall and no chest)

be certain that i will follow up.

They do? I know my dealer has gotten stuck with "Made to Order" suit when it didn't fit the customer. .

Did you ever think that the reason they got stuck was because they screwed up the measurement?:idk:

I greatly apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I do not see that we ever received notice of your question so we were unaware of your concern.

Let me start by saying that we do guarantee fit assuming the measurements and information supplied is all correct. So we are happy to work with you to make sure the fit is what you want and expect. The first step is going to your dealer to have them look at you in the suit and your maximum insulation so they can communicate their observations to us. We often ask for pictures and usually ask for them to remeasure you just to make sure that isn't part of the problem. It is great if you can arrange to go there at a time when we are open as the store can call us when you are there. We are very happy to work with you and your dealer to a successful resolution.

I will add a couple of things about how we make made to order suits and where there are challenges in fit. When we receive the measurements, we input them into a computer that searches our base patterns, of which there are hundreds, and picks the closest one to the critical measurements. The computer then uses the measurements to determine what else needs to be changed from that pattern to fit all of the measurements. The computer also factors in the type of insulation you are wearing and if you are male and female because the amount of ease needed in the material will vary accordingly. We do NOT "piece" things together. Nor have we ever done that even when the suits were cut by hand. The difference now is the computer makes the adjustments a human eye and hand used to do.

We do have challenges given all of the suits are one piece garments and most with a zipper across the front. These two factors mean that the waist of the suit needs to be big enough to allow the hips to pass through it when donning. The waist also needs to be big enough to allow the telescoping torso to be pulled up into your upper torso so you can raise the suit over your head to get it on and off. For people whose waist is significantly smaller than their hips, that can mean the waist of the suit will be bigger than it needs to be once the suit is completely on. This problem is particularly noticeble for women and is the primary reason we added the drawstring in the back for most of our models many years ago.

That may be part of your problem here. Once you bring the suit into the dealer, we can look at the pictures and the measurements and see if we can bring in the hips and waist without compromising your ability to don and doff the suit. I am sure we can help you out. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Faith

This sure sounds like DUI needs to do something different! The TLS 350 is on my short list, but the reason it isn't a sure thing is all the complaints I hear about the ugly fit and the number of times it has to be fixed up!

So, if I come to San Diego and get measured, do I have better odds of a correct fit? I'll be #@$% before I'll accept an ill-fitting $2500 drysuit!

Back
Top Bottom