TlS 350 signature fitting issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, if you ever, ever have an issue about a DUI suit, please contact our Customer Service Team. While bulletin boards can be incredibly fun and helpful for some things, they can never replace actually speaking to someone who can take care of an issue for you. I can't tell you how many things I see on boards that just are not correct. So please, please contact our Team at (800)325-8439 or (619)236-1203. They are there M-F, 8am-5pm Pacific Time.

As for our 7-year warranty, this has always been the best in the industry. While I have heard of a lifetime warranty, I honestly do not know what that means. Any warranty is only as good as the people who back it up. We have almost 50 years of backing up our warranty. For whatever it is worth, I have a 25 year warranty on my mattress but that sucker got a big dip in the middle after 3 years.

Okay - I'm over and out now. Please contact our folks with any questions that you have. I promise you that we will always do our best to help.

Now I have to get back to my day job :)

Susan Long
President & CEO
Diving Unlimited International, Inc.

Thanks for 'coming in', Susan. It sounds like I will have to attend a "DOG day" to get properly measured if I decide on a TLS350.

I have been dealing with DUI direct, although your people have been very courteous I have received very little help with my suit. I asked if I could purchase a new suit with out the hood and rock-boots to save some money and was told no(by DUI). I asked if I could have my suit adjusted by you and pay for it, and was told no. I would think that DUI would be able to work something out but I guess I was wrong. I am very disappointed with the whole thing.

I have been dealing with DUI direct, although your people have been very courteous I have received very little help with my suit. I asked if I could purchase a new suit with out the hood and rock-boots to save some money and was told no(by DUI). I asked if I could have my suit adjusted by you and pay for it, and was told no. I would think that DUI would be able to work something out but I guess I was wrong. I am very disappointed with the whole thing.

DUI only works through dive shops associated with them. Very very rarely will they work on a suit directly with you. Take the suit to a DUI recognized shop and your troubles will be so far away :)

Done it already Jim. My problem is gone now, I sold the suit and ordered a new one. The suit I have ordered is NOT a DUI.
I went to an LDS in my area and they told me that 3-4 out every 10 suits they get from DUI go back due to fit related issues.
It is too bad because I still think that DUI have a good product, getting a good fit seems to be the issue.

Maybe if they learned to measure correctly they would not have to send so many back. Most issues in measuring can be directly put on the dive shop, who blame the manufacturer.

Maybe if they learned to measure correctly they would not have to send so many back. Most issues in measuring can be directly put on the dive shop, who blame the manufacturer.

That's why I always recommend to friends to get measured at a Demo days if possible. That way you have DUI themselves measuring you. If by chance the suit doesn't fit right (maybe you shouldn't have had that one last burrito before they measured :wink:) then it's on them and they will fix it free of charge. I had my dive shop measure me just to double check/sanity check DUI's measurements but if one of them didn't match, we still put down the DUI measurement so there was no question.

I went to an LDS in my area and they told me that 3-4 out every 10 suits they get from DUI go back due to fit related issues..

I have to agree with jester here. Our shop orders mostly signature series suits and very very rarely do they need to be sent back.

ok friends ... so here's the test, two of my "primary dive buddies are husband and wife. they both have 100% custom DUIs ... whew that had to hit their wallet eh?

they are M I S E R A B L E in their dry suits and are sickened by the comfort i find in my BARE. they are also not content with the service from where they bought the suits. (I bought mine at the same shop actually).

they too fall into the (ill just suffer diving wet rather than diving in a drysuit that doesnt fit) category

so heres the deal. DUI will be truly put to the test this saturday. our local training facility has a DUI demo day.

im ridiculously anxious to see DUI's "incredible customer service" as im blown away by some of these stories. for those of you who know me in person and on the board, you know integrity will be a driving force behind my update on this next week.

if i sound skeptical its because i AM. my friends dropped a pretty penny for DUI customs that clearly look to be made for beings from holland for him and a man for her (crazy tall and no chest)

be certain that i will follow up.

Go tell your story in the Bare forum. I've had great service with DUI. Based on the outcome here, and the response from DUI I'd have to think your friends didn't work with DUI as they should have. Shame on them, I'd say.

Go tell your story in the Bare forum. I've had great service with DUI. Based on the outcome here, and the response from DUI I'd have to think your friends didn't work with DUI as they should have. Shame on them, I'd say.

wish you were right ... about ANYTHING you said....

my friends were measured by DUI originally at BTS. they were remeasured by DUI at a demo day.

(YOUR OFF MARK)

shame on you and you may consider removing your post since you are clueless about the situation and did as so many do, chime in before researching what you are offering your 2cents about ... next time ask a question before ASSuming since we all know what that does.

and to add one more comment, i really do respect the fact that you're not certified, i think its cool to just go out and learn something. so my post regarding your ignorant comment is solely aimed at just that, i'd think you're pretty down to earth and normally a cool cat. (hopefully im not following in your footsteps and ASSuming myself)
personally i have only 1 problem with DUI.... the price. not to say they arent worth it, because i (like so many others) am willing to pay for what i get.... but whites, pinnacle, dui, bare, viking, mobby, northern diver, diverite, etc. they are all drysuits that do a great job. they allow you to dive with layers that are dry. dui is NOT the best. your opinion is that dui is the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom