TlS 350 signature fitting issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mtbr

Contributor
Reaction score
Dui,

I recently too delivery of a custom TLS 350. The shoulders and and legs fit fine. However, from the chest down to the waist is roomy. I have several inches of girth material where the telescopic skirt rest at the hip. My problem is I have an athletic body. Therefore, my shoulders are wider than my waist by 10 inches.

I know the suits aren't exactly custom in that DUI has multiple patterns to match the measure sent it by the dealer. Is it possible this could be adjusted?

DUI's custom suits are not made to measure the way most people understand it. I don't think they take suit material and cut it to the customer's measurements, like a tailor would do for a "made to measure suit".

They assemble pre-cut pieces together and sometimes the results are short of ridiculous.

If you are athletic and broad shouldered they pick a torso part with wide shoulders. It happens this part has also a corresponding waist.

If you are 5'9" and have big calves they will use pants that will fit them. The problem is it comes with an inseam and shoe length of a 6'3" man.

They should have a new category like "special custom". I would have paid extra to get my suit to fit right. I had to take it to the factory myself after three times.

All that said I would buy another DUI suit.

Dui,

I recently too delivery of a custom TLS 350. The shoulders and and legs fit fine. However, from the chest down to the waist is roomy. I have several inches of girth material where the telescopic skirt rest at the hip. My problem is I have an athletic body. Therefore, my shoulders are wider than my waist by 10 inches.

I know the suits aren't exactly custom in that DUI has multiple patterns to match the measure sent it by the dealer. Is it possible this could be adjusted?

The waist is adjustable by tightening the shock-cord drawstring. Perfect? No. But it does work. No problems at all.

The waist is adjustable by tightening the shock-cord drawstring. Perfect? No. But it does work. No problems at all.

If only it's that simple as tightening up the shock cord, but the real problem is that I can easily grab a fist full and a half of excess material at the solplex area.

I was under the impression a made to order would be cut according to my measurements, not to DUI's best fit practices using pre-sized patterns. Had I know this was the case, I would have compromised and purchased a stock size.

DUI should state that their made to order suit are size according to their acceptable range of patterns. In my case it was no better than a stock size.

Last edited:
DUI's custom suits are not made to measure the way most people understand it. I don't think they take suit material and cut it to the customer's measurements, like a tailor would do for a "made to measure suit".

They assemble pre-cut pieces together and sometimes the results are short of ridiculous.

If you are athletic and broad shouldered they pick a torso part with wide shoulders. It happens this part has also a corresponding waist.

If you are 5'9" and have big calves they will use pants that will fit them. The problem is it comes with an inseam and shoe length of a 6'3" man.

They should have a new category like "special custom". I would have paid extra to get my suit to fit right. I had to take it to the factory myself after three times.

All that said I would buy another DUI suit.

I, too, would pay extra for a true custom cut. Today was my first dive in my dui suit. I literally want to go back to my wetsuit.

I felt as though I was swimming in a heft bag. I wear a size 10 in USA sneaker, but my suit came with an XL turbo sole. What's up with that?

I, too, would pay extra for a true custom cut. Today was my first dive in my dui suit. I literally want to go back to my wetsuit.

I felt as though I was swimming in a heft bag. I wear a size 10 in USA sneaker, but my suit came with an XL turbo sole. What's up with that?

Been there, had that.
At the end, when the fit was corrected, the diving was great.

I guess I am lucky as I went with Bare over DUI when it came to making my choice. As with Bare they have alot of in between sizes. and a fraction of the cost of a Dui but all the benefits. But on the other hand When Saw them at the BTS show in NJ Last year and got fitted it was a whole process they took atleast 15-20 measurements it seemed. I was under the impression from all the measurements it would have been a "Custom" for me suit. I would have been very disappointed had I found out other wise and Would have sent the suit back.

I would also say If you are really un-happy with the fit go back to the Diveshop and let them know it's too big or even call DUI and and explain to them. I have never delt personally with them but from my understanding have very good customer service and I would think they would tell you to send the suit back and they would correct the fit for you.

I would also say If you are really un-happy with the fit go back to the Diveshop and let them know it's too big or even call DUI and and explain to them. I have never delt personally with them but from my understanding have very good customer service and I would think they would tell you to send the suit back and they would correct the fit for you.

DUI guarantees the fit, you can send it back as many times as needed. The problem is you don't have your suit to dive with when its going back and forth across a whole continent.

The third time around I got fed up and went directly to the factory. Boy were they surprised to see me. You flew here from Montreal??? the lady at customer service said.

What I did not tell her was that I was attending a convention in LA.:eyebrow:

DUI guarantees the fit

They do? I know my dealer has gotten stuck with "Made to Order" suit when it didn't fit the customer. I don't know what the problem was but they got stuck with it. And that is why some dealers are reluctant to raise issue with DUI and simply telling their customers the suit fits fine.

DUI, I was NOT expecting perfection, but for a $3k+ suit, it should at least fit reasonably well. It's interesting to note when I spoke to a DUI today, I was told I fall within a medium size, yet I was some how give a large top because of my waist is disproportion to my chest size.

By the way, how come it took three times for them to get it right? Was it because you showed up in person and witness the problem? I'm tempted to show up at DUI door step if that is what it takes.

The question is will DUI eat this and not pass the cost to my dealer.

my friend had the same exact problem. he was custom fitted by the shop. they ordered the suit. it came in. didnt fit. sent it back. came in, didnt fit. he said "DUI sucks" and bought a BARE. oh well....

so since that didnt help your cause, i agree with that a22shady, go back to your shop and send the suit in. a shop who just sold you a $2000+ piece of gear should be MORE than willing to give you the simple service of loaning you a suit in the meantime right? otherwise you may have well bought from an internet site instead of LDS ... since what you are paying for at the LDS is service after all. and if not, find an LDS who will assist you with dealing with DUI ... they DO exist

Back
Top Bottom