Tips for all going to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

several liveaboard boats are already full for april, may, and many of them already full for october...

although there aren't many tourists (let's say there is nearly nobody !) on the coast... until now[/QUOTE

I'll be there in October:cheers:

The Red Sea Aggressor

OK. very nice boat.

Not for me. I recognize you'll probably have an outstanding service, but I prefer paying 70% less, of course have less luxury onboard, but we all have the same water and diving spots....

(this is not an attack against you, everyone has the right to do what he wants)

Just asked my favorite diving travel rep tonight what the Egypt dive sites are like these last few months. He said the airports and dive sites are not nearly as quiet as they were a year ago, but still nicely quiet compared to 4-5 yrs ago. My understanding was that a boat not likely to be the only boat at major sites, but one of only 2 or 3 is possible at liveaboard-only sites (or times of day). Marine life is definetely still benefiting from the decrease in traffic and sighting of many big creatures continue to be more common and w/ some larger specimens than 4-5 yrs ago.
Maybe not so great if you want to stay ashore and live the nightlife, but great for divers.
The grapevine says dolphins are still being seen esp. often at Abu Nuhas and 2 whale sharks have been spotted at various sites in the northern Red Sea.

ive read the land temperature in july/aug is 37 (thats scorching hot!!!) is it the same feel even while in the middle of the sea, on a liveaboard?? also whats the water temp like during this time??

Just got back from a 2 weeks stay, there is hardly anyone out there at sea, didn't count more than a dozen boats on the horizon thats including day boats and private yachts. Seen one lonely Blue-o-two at Malag Gubal. Hurghada airport was "empty" yesterday.

Temperatures: land side 36-38, out at sea 4 - 5 less, sea 23-24

Just got back from a 2 weeks stay, there is hardly anyone out there at sea, didn't count more than a dozen boats on the horizon thats including day boats and private yachts. Seen one lonely Blue-o-two at Malag Gubal. Hurghada airport was "empty" yesterday.

Temperatures: land side 36-38, out at sea 4 - 5 less, sea 23-24

So we are looking at October 1-7 time frame. We've checked tickets as far as Cairo, but from there whats the best way to diving locations, and for first timers to the Red Sea, what would you recommend.

Back
Top Bottom