Time for a new drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys. Given the option I think I would rather have brass. Good to know thry are reliable though as the Yukon is YKK plastic....If I go that route.

So those from the US who ordered from Seaskin, how did customs treat you? When we had the business, I had things held up for months in customs just to find out the added costs were half or more of the item ordered. Also, would you upgrade to the plastic zipper? They actually recommend sticking with the brass zipper. Sure wish they had a US presence. Makes life a lot easier for us here in the states.

So those from the US who ordered from Seaskin, how did customs treat you? When we had the business, I had things held up for months in customs just to find out the added costs were half or more of the item ordered. Also, would you upgrade to the plastic zipper? They actually recommend sticking with the brass zipper. Sure wish they had a US presence. Makes life a lot easier for us here in the states.
If they had a US presence the suit would cost 3 or 4 times as much.
yes to the plastic zip

Just wonder what sort of nightmare I have to look forward to with customs. They were notoriously difficult to deal with, as most gov agencies are, when ordering parts for the business, to the point that I had to have a customs agent deal with it. In some cases it was more expensive to import the cheaper parts than just pay the long dollar from a US manufacturer and have it in a few days.

It does look like a really nice suit for not much money. It came to $1050US with a bunch of options. Reviews look to be mostly, if not all, positive.

Even with exchange rate, customs fees and shipping, it'll cost about 60% less than a made to measure domestic drysuit with the same features.

Just wonder what sort of nightmare I have to look forward to with customs. They were notoriously difficult to deal with, as most gov agencies are, when ordering parts for the business, to the point that I had to have a customs agent deal with it. In some cases it was more expensive to import the cheaper parts than just pay the long dollar from a US manufacturer and have it in a few days.

It does look like a really nice suit for not much money. It came to $1050US with a bunch of options. Reviews look to be mostly, if not all, positive.
I’m a customs broker. There’s been a lot of discussion on the customs issue on the bug Seaskin thread, perhaps the last 10 pages.

I'm confused over the wrist seal options. They have "SiTech docking system 60910 fitted" and "SiTech oval cuff rings (SiTech seals)". The oval option sounds better. Both appear to be compatible with a dry glove. What do you all think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom