Time for a meet and greet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KLJ, welcome to ScubaBoard and good luck on OW this weekend. Bring hot cocoa, thick+warm jacket and beanie to warm up between dives. You might not need it, but better to have it and not use than to need it and not have.

Casey, congrats on the scooter. When are you taking her out?

As for the M&G, just let me know when.

Anti-Hero, did you get a Cuda too?

No I bought a Sierra - I want to be able to travel with it, and if I ever need the extra runtime I'll buy the DSS Fury battery. That will give me > cuda distance / capacity in a small sierra weight and form factor. :)

Casey, congrats on the scooter. When are you taking her out?

Thanks, Don! I'm bringing it to Lobos with me this Sat. to get it all sorted out. But after that I plan to be diving a lot.

No I bought a Sierra - I want to be able to travel with it, and if I ever need the extra runtime I'll buy the DSS Fury battery. That will give me > cuda distance / capacity in a small sierra weight and form factor. :)

Thanks, Don! I'm bringing it to Lobos with me this Sat. to get it all sorted out. But after that I plan to be diving a lot.

Casey,

You got exactly what I'm looking at as I write this... X-mas has come early for me this year and I'm looking at that package...

I was thinking about saving up a little more and getting the Fury battery, but your plan seems to make sense...

I wanted a Cuda at least the 650, but it's size and my 5'4 height doesn't match up... I really want the extra battery life that the Cuda has, so when I saw the new launch of the Fury, I was sold instantly...

Can you if you don't mind share where you got yours and what price, send me a PM if it's personal, because I want to save money and I think you might have a couple secrets on that.... :)

That is the exact scooter I would get too. I have a 50lb scoot and it is a bear to handle on a sandy exit in doubles. You can't crawl out with a scooter, so you have to walk out. A Sierra is much more conducive to Monastery and other beach dives. I like the idea of traveling with it. Bonaire!!!

I think it is a great idea to plan one for June, but why not a M&G at the beginning of May?

Why not indeed? I was looking at dates I could attend, in May I only have may 22 and may 28 open. But thats not stopping anyone from putting one together in May. hint, hint. :wink:

That is the exact scooter I would get too. I have a 50lb scoot and it is a bear to handle on a sandy exit in doubles. You can't crawl out with a scooter, so you have to walk out. A Sierra is much more conducive to Monastery and other beach dives. I like the idea of traveling with it. Bonaire!!!

Peter,

Now you are really making me want the Sierra.... Bonaire sounds awesome, mom lives in Florida so traveling is another selling point for me...

I just didn't like the short battery life of the nikel/metal halide, but now that you can get more battery life than a Cuda in a smaller package, I AM SOLD!!!

Perfect! This Saturday at Lobos, you should have plenty of people to help you get sorted. Have a great time!

Why do you need more than an hour trigger time on your scooter? The key is to have two batteries so that you can swap batteries on your surface interval. I would buy a Sierra in a heart beat if I could afford one. My Mako was purchased for $500 with brand new batteries, so I couldn't pass it up. I think it had been in the water once or twice before. Now it has over 150 dives and still goes pretty good. By the time you are spending $4,000 on a scooter a boat starts making sense too. I only paid $1,450 for my Zodiac, motor, and trailer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom