Tiger Shark Expedition on November 2020 with $895 (30%) off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where does the boat leave from/return to?

From Riviera City Marina, West Palm Beach, Florida.

My dive buddy @Islandiver69 who is going to join me on this trip and has gone on this trip before provide me with the following itinerary:

Day 1
- Arrival day to the M/V Dolphin Dream located at the Riviera City Marina. Boarding starts at 2PM and you must be on board before 6PM. Dinner is provided and we will depart for the Bahamas after 10PM.

Day 2 - After clearing customs sometime after 7AM, we will travel to Tiger Beach normally arriving at 1PM for a two tank dive. This is usually at the site Tiger Chain which is 20 feet deep. Our first dive will be a check out dive. The diving at Tiger Chain is primarily with lemon sharks but the possibility of encountering our first tiger sharks is always present!

Days 3 - 5 - We will move locations to dive each day at Fish Tales which is 40 feet deep and a sandy bottom. Upon arrival we will begin chumming for tigers. Each day 4 dives are planned and every dive at Fish Tales is a shark feed.

Day 6 - Our final day of diving at Fish Tales. A maximum of 3 dives with 2 morning dives and 1 after lunch. We normally depart back to the Riviera City Beach Marina around 6PM.

Day 7 - (Departure Day) - We arrive back in Florida waters usually around 6AM. After we clear customs following our 9AM appointment, the Dolphin Dream will return to the marina at 9:30AM.

While on location at any of the dive sites “the pool” is usually open! In addition to tigers there are also some resident nurse sharks, large aggregations of lemon sharks, Caribbean reef sharks and occasionally bull sharks visit. We may even have great hammerheads stop by. There is also a nice reef adjacent to Fish Tales.

Lax-Sharks who has been there 4 times answers “Top 10 Questions @ Tiger Beach Bahamas” in the video, below

1. Where is Tiger Beach?
2. What kinds of sharks will you see?
3. What kind of experience do I need to have to dive there?
4. What is the accommodation like in the boat?
5. Do you need your own gear / passport?
6. How are the diving conditions?
7. What tips do you have for me?
8. How many tiger sharks can you expect to see in a single dive?
9. How many dives a day?
10. How dangerous is it, has anybody been bitten or killed?

The shampoo gag is hilarious!

Reactions: Dan
Posted on Finch’s FB page today...

E8C8C8F5-7136-49C9-A902-F6AFC4C0FC75.jpeg
D3E282D1-E9D1-4942-B90A-E6AF25FF5272.jpeg
DB196699-5610-4A56-A3EA-37250CC074DB.jpeg

Friend of a friend at work was at Tiger Beach the weekend before last - his experience is why I won’t participate in feeding dives and personally feel they are a bad idea.

The quick summary is that they enjoyed their first dive and got lots of cool pictures, but... ended up having to call the second dive after their divemaster got bit on the foot chasing a bait cooler that fell into the water. They had to rush back to land after it happened. The good news is the divemaster kept all his toes and was making a full recovery.

Friend of a friend at work was at Tiger Beach the weekend before last - his experience is why I won’t participate in feeding dives and personally feel they are a bad idea.

The quick summary is that they enjoyed their first dive and got lots of cool pictures, but... ended up having to call the second dive after their divemaster got bit on the foot chasing a bait cooler that fell into the water. They had to rush back to land after it happened. The good news is the divemaster kept all his toes and was making a full recovery.

Thanks for posting the news. We usually don’t hear much about accidents from such shark feeding dives.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear he kept all his toes & making a full recovery.

So, we learn to keep out of the shark feeding frenzy on the falling bait cooler.

Dolphin Dream team has been doing these trips for a long time (since 2004, I think). So, they have a good track record of doing it safely. That’s the reason that I’d like to go with them. Besides, it’s a way of supporting the effort in slowing down the rate of Tiger Shark extinction.

Another update from Captain Scott. We will be able to go with special permission from the Bahamas for no quarantine and no pre-test, as long as nobody gets off the boat.

We still have few more spots to fill, if anyone wants to see Tiger Sharks.

I'm headed on this trip with @Dan and can't wait! We've all had plenty of trips cancelled this year. It is a relief to have one actually still happening. Come join us!

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom