Tib/Fib Fracture and Hardware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
It kinda freaked me out a bit, and I took it slow - but its all good. I consider myself 100% healed - and 100% blessed.
Hey Ken.... Thanks for this information. The difficulty we're having is that there doesn't seem to be any sort of hard information out there, so we are resorting to this sort of antecdotal info.

I have spoken to "medics" at DAN twice now.... One said, "wait until the fracture is 100% cured. Take the time required to reach this point, double it, and add it to the end, and that's when you can start diving again". In our case that would be about 54 months, since it was so slow to heal!

On the other hand, I spoke to another medic there a couple of weeks ago, and he basically said that if she has returned to normal activities, then start diving again.

I put a call into a friend of mine earlier this week. She is an emergency medicine MD, who has taken a number of hyperbaric meds courses. She is a former dive student of mine, and did her Instructor training under me. She called back tonight, and left a message that she felt that there were " a number of significant issues related to this break that she wants to talk to us about"...!

Hopefully, I'll speak with her tomorrow night!

Thanks again Ken... By the way, I hear you about the ice... Kelly started skiing again this fall. Our first day out was at Stowe VT... she managed two runs the entire day, but at the end of the day, she proclaimed that she was going to "ski again". The leg was able, but the head is taking a while longer :wink:

Back
Top Bottom