Will be swimming in circles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedonist222

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
for a while at least.

While out on our enduro bikes (dirt bikes), I ran into an oncoming truck.
Fortunately at lowish speeds.
When I realized impact was imminent, decided to take it to my right side a opposed to head on.
Ended up with a comminuted distal femur fracture. Shoulder pain and near-fractured ribs.
Two surgeries later and I now have a titanium intramedullary rod through the marrow and 7 supporting screws.

I'm glad we only ride decked in protective gear. Helmet, neck brace, back and chest protector, wrist to elbow through forearm protector, aluminum knee brace (the savior), riding boots, cordura riding pants. Always have all your gear on, folk.

Doctor's said no weight-bearing pressure for at least six weeks. Then if the bones are nicely joining, I can start physiotherapy.
In the meantime, I bum around between the bedroom, living room, and my home-office.

I've come to terms with it. I generally fly through the stages grief. But it's still boring a hell being immobile for an active person.

Has anyone gone through this?

Yes but roadbike, you don't want to hear other peoples stories mate just live yours and get good again

The 2nd week of Oct., my buddy broke his fibula as he was taking off on his Harley - didn't lift foot and it got caught and rolled under the foot peg. He walked around for a week thinking he was invincible - finally went to doctor and got an X-ray. Plate and screws followed. Between then and a trip to Cozumel the Sat. after Thanksgiving the incision became infected. Meds took care of that but he still had to wear a boot and the incision was not completely closed. For 2 weeks in Coz, he spent most of his time in the hotel - couldn't even dip his feet in the pool - of course, I still went diving while the wives kept watch over him. Our next trip is in Jan. to Cabo - hoping he doesn't do anything else to himself and doctor clears him for diving - as of yesterday, most of any scabbing has fallen off and incision looks completely closed.

While out on our enduro bikes (dirt bikes), I ran into an oncoming truck.
Fortunately at lowish speeds.
When I realized impact was imminent, decided to take it to my right side a opposed to head on.
Ended up with a comminuted distal femur fracture. Shoulder pain and near-fractured ribs.
Two surgeries later and I now have a titanium intramedullary rod through the marrow and 7 supporting screws.
Sorry to hear that Saif.

Get well soon mate and hope to see you over on the east coast Februaryish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom