Thursday 22nd Feb - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still hovering around the 220 mark, up a little, down a little. At 222 this week.

Good work to all and keep up the momentum!

Guess its better than dangling chocolate in front of somebody trying to lose weight! :rofl:

Wow! I'm 152.2 today because of Ash Wednesday where I'm not supposed to eat big and do some fasting. I think I'll do that until Easter. :D Only 7 more pounds to go and I'll be down to 145 pound...as long as my will power keeps going.

LOL. Ash Wednesday started on Sunday for me.. but I am taking it to 5 days instead of one. Supossed to give blood on Sunday, and I just don't think giving blood after fasting for 5 days is a good idea!

I can't complain about having not lost any weight. I am down from 22% body fat to 16% in 8 months, but gained two pounds.

I still feel better, have more energy, better stamina, look better (or so I'm told), so I guess I'm doing ok.

TwoBit

LindaBluedolphin:
Good Morning everyone!

New challenges are always hard for me with respect to my numbers but...

This week 3.8 lbs
This Challenge 1.2 lbs
Total 20.8 lbs

Revised numbers using the correct starting date

This week 3.8 lbs
This Challenge 3.8 lbs
Total 20.8 lbs

WoooHoooo.... go, Linda!!

TwoBit... that's awesome! You should be very proud of yourself!

And Jenny... as for your "dangling chocolate" comment.... LOL I found it quite funny. My first prize offer was gonna be a case of Chips Ahoy! LOL Then I decided to be nice! :rofl:

ALmost forgot to check in! I am at 204.5. 1.5 lbs. down for this challange. Long ways to go, and I am already behind. Linda, how do you do it?

LindaBluedolphin:
It's pretty hard to lose 10lbs in a week, give us time...:D
Not really (trust me on this one :14: )

Ok, I've been away from the forum for most of the week. I received a number of PMs asking if I was ok... Yes, I am. I have some things working in the background and will probably be away most of this week too.

I did some calculations after last weeks weigh-in (remember... CoolTech), did some body measurements, and did some visual looks (not a pretty sight, ladies). I realized that I have lost 20% of my entire body in 3.5 months.

I decided (based on the visual, and the background stuff, more than anything else) that I needed to slow the process down a bit. I don't want to have those "flappy skin" things to try and get rid of. This week I did not do any exercise (mostly because I have been working 18-20 hours a day), and increased my calorie intake slightly (only if I felt hungry).

This week, I had a zero weight loss, and inch loss of; 1.5 inches in my chest, one inch on my waiste, .25 inches on my neck, zero on the thighs, calves, biceps and forearm. It appears that my body is well on its way to catching up with my weight loss.

Now, the secret to how I have lost so much.... (drum roll.... ) DIET AND EXERSISE!

Actually, I calculated the calories (from the Internet) it takes to sustain someone, my age and height, at my goal weight (180 lbs) minus 10 lbs (170). Next, I ate those calories, or less per day... Imagine that (2300 calories per day), eat that many calories for someone my age, height and sedentary life style, and eventually, I will weigh that amount! Add exercise to that and you will lose weight faster.

There! I wrote a book that is less than one page long... on how to lose weight and keep it off!
====
Congratulations to everyone who was a big loser (winner) this week!

Hello everyone,

Well the scales were off yesterday, weighed myself this morning and bang - 2lbs off...

So....153.3lbs! (its still techically Thursday somewhere at the moment - right? :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom