Thursday 22nd Feb - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doghouse:
ALmost forgot to check in! I am at 204.5. 1.5 lbs. down for this challange. Long ways to go, and I am already behind. Linda, how do you do it?

I am on a modified Michael Therman plan, I am really trying to watch what I am eating, but do fall off at times. I have also been ping-poinging one week I will have almost no loss then the next a few lbs. Treadmill is also a biggie for me, it helps a lot. I can't say it will work for everyone, but for me it seems to be a major key. I also try to not eat past 6pm at night, (but I have always been that way, so that is nothing new). TOM is a big factor as well, that waterweigt can be there one week then like magic it's gone. :)

CoolTech:
Not really (trust me on this one :14: )

This can be misleading and dangerous depending on individual circumstances. For me to lose 10lbs in a single week would be unhealthy and dangerous, however if someone had say more then 100 lbs to lose, it might be doable.

It is recommended that 1-2 lbs a week (on average) is generally a safe goal to shoot for. Sometimes it will be more sometimes it will be less, but just a general average. The important thing to remember is the more weight you have to loose the easier it is in the early stages.

Just because you could lose 10lbs in a single week doesn't mean others can or will, it is all very individual.

CoolTech:
I did some calculations after last weeks weigh-in (remember... CoolTech), did some body measurements, and did some visual looks (not a pretty sight, ladies). I realized that I have lost 20% of my entire body in 3.5 months.
Wow ... at that rate you should be down to your birth weight in another year or so ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

As of this week, I have lost 25% of my original weight! Whoo Hoo! Now I want to lose more. Am pretty close to goal already. I look in the mirror and remember that 20 yr old body, and think, yeah, I need to lose more.

2.5 pounds this week....but I just started my new healthy eating and exercising regime (finally put the two together!), so it's probably water weight. <LOL>

I weighed myself this morning and am down almost 10lbs since a weekago Thursday! Whoo Hoo! I will wait till Thursday's weighin for confirmation. (and hopefully be down another pound or so!).
I have reached beyond goal weight. Am at goal -2!!!
The fast kicked my weight loss into high gear again! Now looking to go down maybe just a pound or so and holding it for 6 months. My biggest issue with losing 50lbs is I am cold. Office is at 70°, and with the heater in my office at full blast, it gets to about 82° and am still wearing a sweater. My body has to adjust to the lack of bioprene! (Thanks Colin for that word!)

Scuba_Jenny:
I weighed myself this morning and am down almost 10lbs since a weekago Thursday! Whoo Hoo! I will wait till Thursday's weighin for confirmation. (and hopefully be down another pound or so!).
I have reached beyond goal weight. Am at goal -2!!!
The fast kicked my weight loss into high gear again! Now looking to go down maybe just a pound or so and holding it for 6 months. My biggest issue with losing 50lbs is I am cold. Office is at 70°, and with the heater in my office at full blast, it gets to about 82° and am still wearing a sweater. My body has to adjust to the lack of bioprene! (Thanks Colin for that word!)
Great job, Jenny!

I know I said I was going to slow things down, but I did a 1000 calorie workout last night, woke up and did it again this morning. I just got off the scale after lunch... I am down 5 lbs since Thursday's weigh in, myself. I am now at goal +54 lbs! (sounds bad, but it is way better than goal +130 where I started!)
---
I think bioprene should make it to Wikopedia!

NWGratefulDiver:
Wow ... at that rate you should be down to your birth weight in another year or so ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Nah, you forgot to calculate in the sedentary lifestyle... year and a half... :eyebrow:

LindaBluedolphin:
This can be misleading and dangerous depending on individual circumstances. For me to lose 10lbs in a single week would be unhealthy and dangerous, however if someone had say more then 100 lbs to lose, it might be doable.

It is recommended that 1-2 lbs a week (on average) is generally a safe goal to shoot for. Sometimes it will be more sometimes it will be less, but just a general average. The important thing to remember is the more weight you have to loose the easier it is in the early stages.

Just because you could lose 10lbs in a single week doesn't mean others can or will, it is all very individual.
It was meant to be funny, but I guess it lost out on that front

CoolTech:
It was meant to be funny, but I guess it lost out on that front

I tend to be overly sensitive, some topics more so then others :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom