Thur 8th Feb weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
great going dad-dad-dad!

soooooo - any before and pics from the weekend you can share?

I've got like 300 of them along with some movies etc but I don't think Pete wants me to overload his servers :wink:

Being used to cold fresh water I had a bit of "shiny object syndrome" while down there (or pretty fish, coral, whatever syndrome)

I've got to get the whole picture thing setup here or on photobucket or some place. Just got my Internet back after being down most of the week and having to drive to a hotel to "borrow" their WiFi. Work has been too busy to do much from there.

Scuba_Jenny:
I was just thinking the same thing this morning as I was doing a workout video for the first time in years. I am about as coordinated as a .... I dunno.. pick something.. Anyways, instead of getting frustrated with the moves, I forced a smile on my face after the facilitator mentioned enjoying the work out. Let me tell you, instantly with that smile on my face, it made all the difference and I concentrated less on the moves and more on just moving around getting the benefits of the aerobic workout.
Attitude is everything!!

Good for you, Jenny! I did a dvd today too. I really liked the Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile workout. I'll tell ya, my hips were burning for 30 minutes after I finished! And... the WATP dvds are the easiest workout dvds that I've ever used. There's 4 basic steps... and you really can't mess up! I was surprised at how easy the "steps" are and how effectively you can "feel" it in your muscles.

That's a far cry from the Cardio Dance dvd I butchered a couple days ago! LOL This chick can't "roll" or "pump" her hips... or make "belly circles"! LOL:rofl3: I gave up after 15 minutes.:rofl3: I don't know if I'll ever have the kind of coordination or "moves" that those girls on the dvd did! LOL:blinking:

I was jogging last night, when a neighbor called me over to him (I want to be a good neighbor, even though he was interupting my workout), so I stopped and talked (I have never met him before, but we have waived when passing when seeing each other like good neighbors).

Well, he told me he had seen me jogging by every night and noticed the difference in my weight (Ok, that may be a little weird... but, go on...). He then proceeded to tell me that his wife died a year ago, and she had purchased a treadmill about a month before she died, paid between 500 and 600 dollars for it. She used it a few times, but it has been sitting there ever since then. He said I could have it if I moved it, as it was not being used, taking up space, and he is getting ready to move into an ACLF.
===

I have never liked to use these things. The most I have ever been able to tolerate was about 50 steps before I had to stop. They just didn't seem to be sturdy, or "safe" to me (I know lots of people use them... it's just the "feeling" I get when I try them). But, I wanted to help him out (again, good neighbor... he's old and widowed for goodness sake), so I agreed to move it for him.

He gave me the manuals, information and registration paper work, and I moved it into my garage until I can think of what to do with it.

I started reading the manual and found this one was rated for 275 lbs, has 5k and 10k training program, 300, 400, 500 and 600 calorie workouts, 1/4 mile track display, 10 mph speed, 10% incline, pulse monitor and a fan.

I decided that I would move it into the house and try it. Hey, I could make it through a 300 calorie workout, even if it "feels" unsafe.

Well, let me tell you... I was impressed with this machine! I felt safe on it. It felt sturdy (It's a big beast, but it does fold up). I did the 300 calorie workout (30 minutes, upto a 3 or 5% incline and max of 3.4 mph). When I finished I felt like I had just had a great warmup. Let's see what the 400, 500 and 600 profiles look like

400 calorie hit a 10% incline and max 4.7 mph - 30 minutes. I can do that if the the incline and max speed aren't at the same time (I hate the inclines!)

500 calorie hit a 8% incline and max 3.7 mph - 40 minutes. That's like a good brisk mountain road walk, I can do that.

600 calorie hit a 10% incline and max 4.8 mph - 40 minutes. Hmmm, That could be a nasty workout, I can probably do it, but think I will see what the others have to offer first.

Ok, I will try the 400 calorie program. Wow! It was a workout, but the max speed did not come at the same time as the max incline. I was sweating at the finish, but felt like it was a good 30 minute workout after the 300 calorie program warmup. But, I could go for more. Hey, this thing touts 22% decrease in impact over running on pavement.

Ok, I figured I would try the 500 calorie workout for 40 minutes. This one was a lower impact than the 400 calorie program, but it was walking up the side of a hill the whole time. It started at 3% incline and moved to 8% after the first minute. Then, it stayed there for the next 38 minutes, then back to the 3% at cool down.

Total just messing with this thing; 1200 calories burned in less than 2 hours of watching a TV program.
---

I have decided to keep this machine. I searched it out on the Internet to see what the cost for one of these units would be if I were looking to purchase. I found the exact model at Walmart's web site:

Image 17.5 S Treadmill

Then, I figured I would check the store down the street. My local Walmart has the darned thing on sale for $300.00. Wow!

I would recommend this machine to anyone who can afford it. It works great!
===
Just my 1200 calorie opinion

====
Oh, stepped on the scale just a few minutes ago... down 3 lbs from yesterday (Yes, I know it's water... but... cool!)

That's excellent! Have fun with it. I use the treadmill at the gym all the time (it's -20C here for the past few weeks.) I really like them.

i know what you mean - thats why i look into the E machine to help me get thru winter

lucky you CoolT!!!!

nice of the old guy and im sure if he knows you will be using it, it will make him feel great.

im off to do my time on the E machine for the monring - my legs are sore for yesterdays workout so will see how long i last

CoolTech and Almity... you two rock! Good for both of you! CT... 1200 calories burned on the treadmill... amazing! Almity... 45 minutes on the E machine... incredible! Both of you are an inspiration!

See Cool T treadmills are not so bad afterall :D

CoolTech:
Well, it gets into the 50s around here at night durig the winter... who wants to run in that... yuk! :)

That's it, mock me some more ;-) At 50's at night I would be outside a lot!

:mooner:

Back
Top Bottom