Thoughts on New Aeris Reg Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhawke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking about buying a new regulator kit and was wondering if anybody wanted to share their thoughts about the below items:

- Aeris Atmos Sport Reg $240
- Dacor Viper Tech Octo $75
- Aeris Analog Gauge $120

Total: $335 via ScubaToys

I have an Aeris Atmos II computer which I like a lot. So I've decided to try the reg as well. The price is right and its an environmentally closed reg as well. I'm interested in trying ice diving so I thought that I would look for a reg that could support that.

Does anybody have any experience with Aeris regulators? The Sport? I currently own a ScubaPro regulator that I bought used off of eBay. The regulator has worked well for me but its definetly a heavy breather and very *heavy* to boot. The techs that work on it say its over 10 years old.

I would buy a ScubaPro reg again - but I don't want to spend nearly a thousand dollars on a new reg - which is what I think it would cost to buy a Scuba Pro.

I would appreciate anybody's thoughts on the above kit.

Thanks,
Jason

I dove an Aeris Sport Regulator and found it very good along with the Aeris Console (had an AquaLung Octo). Would still be using it except my wife decided to start diving and she liked the light weight, so I bought a used Mares Ruby Titanium and gave her the Aeris. Never had a problem with the Aeris and it breathes just a tad harder than the Mares - but I could barely tell the difference.

Aeris makes good stuff - especially for the price.

I don't think you will be disappointed with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom