Thoughts on Garmin Decent MK2i

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

Rost

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for an upgrade to my diving computer. Currently have Oceanic Geo 4.0, absolutely satisfied with them, but feel like I need something fancied, with more features and suitable for daily use, not just for diving. Decent MK2i seems like a perfect fit and I like it's second features, but I wonder if it's any good as a dive computer?

Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for an upgrade to my diving computer. Currently have Oceanic Geo 4.0, absolutely satisfied with them, but feel like I need something fancied, with more features and suitable for daily use, not just for diving. Decent MK2i seems like a perfect fit and I like it's second features, but I wonder if it's any good as a dive computer?

The Descent is decent.

Hello, everyone!

it is perfectly fine as a dive computer. @The Chairman has one of the original ones and wears it as a daily watch and uses it when diving. It's every bit as good as any dive computer for the majority of divers and if you wear a smart watch daily it really is the only game in town but a damned good one

it is perfectly fine as a dive computer. @The Chairman has one of the original ones and wears it as a daily watch and uses it when diving. It's every bit as good as any dive computer for the majority of divers and if you wear a smart watch daily it really is the only game in town but a damned good one
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear!

How do they feel during workout? Aren't they too big?
I work on cars with my Descent Mk1 on. It has to come off every now and then.

Is it like the watch don't hold on hand properly?
No. It's like there's just not enough room for my wrist and my watch in some places. I worked in the automotive industry for 30 years. Ask ol' @tbone1004: I'm not your average shade tree mechanic.

1645406953281.png

Doing a head and timing chain job on my nephew's truck last year... notice My Descent on my left wrist.

1645406873221.png

16 year old me rebuilding my Cortina GT engine in my carport... no Descent here :D
(That's 49 years ago)​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom