Thoughts on Air Integrated (hoseless) computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So some of you seem to use "the force" and the computers are merely decorations?

The D9 computer has linked with the transmitter 100%. I wouldn't settled for anything less. On one dive I remember there where 8 D9 computers on board. We checked our channels and each of us were linked up to separate channels. A big improvement from the first AIs. As stated earlier, having a SPG is a good thing even if there is another hose. Having all of your information on your wrist sets well with me. As far as servicing, battery for transmitter is $15 and the computer $24. Sunto recommends every 2 years for a service. Your batteries might not last that long depending on use. I had problems with the buttons sticking. I realized I was over due for the recommended 2 year service. I gave my LDS my transmitter and computer and they sent it into an authorized Sunto repair shop and the turn around was around 2 weeks. I always have a back up computer with a battery I can change out in the field. This combo seems to cover "all of the bases" for me.

In my experiences with AI hoseless computers (4 different models over the past 12 years) I frequntly get the "no pressure data" warning during dives. Usuallly this is transient, but not always. That is why I like having a back-up SPG. In 34 years of diving, I have never had an in water SPG failure (ok - now I have jinxed myself).

In my experiences with AI hoseless computers (4 different models over the past 12 years) I frequntly get the "no pressure data" warning during dives. Usuallly this is transient, but not always. That is why I like having a back-up SPG. In 34 years of diving, I have never had an in water SPG failure (ok - now I have jinxed myself).

This corresponds with my own experiences with AI computers. I use a mini console as a backup and feel more confident as a result.

come on people, let's keep it simple. A dive computer is just that - it computes the dive and keeps us save. Yes, we should all have the knowledge that the computer has. Trusting one, understanding one, and having dive knowledge will keep us ALL safe in the water. Not EVERYONE is techie or great with numbers or has great eye sight. That is exactly WHY we have so many computers to choose from. JUST BECAUSE one chooses to use an AI it doesn't ALWAYS mean they are stupid or lazy. It works well for them and as long as they are able to set it and understand the information being flashed @ them every 10 seconds and have a back up SPG then I say go for it and have a GREAT DIVE!!

I have both the Suunot D9 and Uwetec SOL. The hose less air integrated option if not reliable (in mmy opionion) based on personal experience so I added a SPG (on a think Miflex HP hose). I just no longer trust the technology on the hose less transmitters. Loose transmission at some point on almost every dive. It is no big deal as i just raise my arm toward the transmitter and it connects again but my faith is not there. So i have the SPG which i trust.

Vyper air with hoseless transmitter, never failed, no redundant hoses, no problem.....or is that asking for trouble!

D9 with AI and backup SPG. Never had any issues with AI syncing, loss of data or failure. Know at least 10 other divers with D9's, and no issues EVER!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom