thomas 1020 oil less compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bottom dwell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all especially FASTBOTTOMS

Need info on the Thomas 1020 compressor. What parts do I need to attach my breathing hose to this unit? So apparently it has enough pressure to breathe with a hooka regulator?

Man if this is the case-it is so much cheaper that getting an electric Air-Line compressor by John Sink made by Thomas Industries which are $900.

Aslo can you tell me about the difference between a scuba regulator and a hooka regulator? How can you tell the difference by looking at them?

Thanks to all who reply!

Need info on the Thomas 1020 compressor. What parts do I need to attach my breathing hose to this unit? So apparently it has enough pressure to breathe with a hooka regulator?!
I use brass pneumatic quick-release couplers.

hansencouplings.png

In my setup, the plug screws into the compressor head air outlet and the socket goes on the hose. A hose barb/threaded fitting and two hose clamps make that work. Hansen is the brand to look for. Off-the-shelf, hardware store stuff just doesn't really cut it.

Aslo can you tell me about the difference between a scuba regulator and a hooka regulator? How can you tell the difference by looking at them?
The guts of the hookah 2nd stage are designed to work at the lower pressures produced by air compressors. They are typically indistiguishable from one another. I always use regs designed for hookahs but know plenty of hull cleaners who get good performance from standard scuba regs when used with their hookah rigs.

Fast Bottoms thanks for the info about Thomas.

U got the number for Thomas so I can call them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom