Thirsty while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being thirsty on a single tank really indicates (early) dehydration.

I generally drink on the order of a gallon of water every day. I'm probably over-hydrated rather than under (need to watch for diabetes).

I still get thirsty. Could be that my body is used to drinking a lot. Could be the dry gas makes me think I'm thirsty. Either way, it's nice to have something to drink. Those squeeze tubes look interesting - I'll have to check them out. I have Tobin's hydration bladder but accidently left it full in the freezer and it over-expanded and now just leaks.

Recently I've been using the Capri Suns. Yah, they're sweet, but a little sugar is nice to combat the salt I inevitably get in there.

try popping an Eclipse Winterfresh mint in each jaw just before jumping in. Guarantee salaiva will flow the whole dive. (and no, you won't aspirate them)

There are lots of ways to drink under water - everyone has their own tricks. I use a small squeeze bottle with a slide plug top that fits nicely inside my bcd. Take a look at Diver's D\Lyte when you're ready to make up a dive specific drink to quench your thirst!

Back
Top Bottom