Thinking of doubling up my HP80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of people use one plate and just add a single tank adapter (sta) for single tank diving. They work great and attach to the plate the same as doubles.

I have an STA. I simply don’t want to have the bother of switching the same plate back and forth between single tank or doubles setup.

I wouldn’t have gotten the second plate but friend mentioned last night at the shop Christmas party that he was selling stuff, so I asked.

Have you verified you can reach all the valves yet? Unless you can close your isolator, you run the risk of losing ALL your gas due to a single failure.

I noticed the shop tightened down the nuts on your isolator with it pointing towards your head. Consider loosening the nuts so that you can adjust the knob position once you are actually in the water.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks cutting again will fix the problem! :confused:

measure twice, cut once, curse repeatedly..... :banghead:

Have you verified you can reach all the valves yet? Unless you can close your isolator, you run the risk of losing ALL your gas due to a single failure.

I noticed the shop tightened down the nuts on your isolator with it pointing towards your head. Consider loosening the nuts so that you can adjust the knob position once you are actually in the water.

And how am I supposed to do that without getting in the pool? I’ll be in the pool with my doubles next month. I worked on other things today.

And how am I supposed to do that without getting in the pool?

Put them on a backed highchair, don, see if you can reach the valves. (If you can) stand up and see if you can reach the valves. (If you can't) sit back down and practice stretching to,or past, the valves.

Before I do anything, I’m stripping the Cinch system off my Halcyon BP. I won the whole thing 2 years ago, but it was causing major problems in the pool yesterday. Kept getting loose, causing my tank to sit very low on my back.

And how am I supposed to do that without getting in the pool? I’ll be in the pool with my doubles next month. I worked on other things today.

It won’t hurt anything to leave the isolator loose while you are in the pool. You can tweak the position of the knob and snug it down later. You might be surprised at how many of these I have found loose on rental tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom