Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy of mine found a suspected drug runner's plane off Redondo Beach, CA. He has recovered a couple bage of marijuana, but hasn't found the "briefcase" he was hoping for. :D

mike_s:
Hopefully he burned the evidence he recovered.
He did mention something about getting narced on that dive. :D

Some Rocks! :D

I nifty 200m Casio aviator's watch, with a slide-rule bezel, in like-new condition (freshwater).

a rock in Lake Superior about the size of a bowling ball. A poem was painted
on it in letters about 1" high. It was a very bad poem about nature, the lake,
blah, blah, blah. What it was doing in Grand Marais harbor I'll never know.

It still sleeps with the fishes.

Here's my list from the past ten years or so (all of this while skin diving in creeks, ponds, etc):
-Three bicycles
-A Spree moped
-Golfballs
-Eyeglasses
-A diamond engagement ring (actually this was found by a buddy of mine, but I was there :wink: )
-More mailboxes than I care to count (kids around here steal them and then dump them into the creeks) including one that still contained mail from a year earlier.
-An entire set of silverware....still in the box. Strange seeing as it was in 25 ft of water in a farm pond.
-8 Stop signs, 2 yield signs, 3 speed limit signs, an Interstate 69 sign (A COLLECTOR'S ITEM THERE!), 2 deer crossing signs, an Amish Buggy Crossing Sign, and a moose crossing sign (still trying to figure out how the hell that one wound up in a creek in Indiana)
-Two toilets and a sink (sold these for a tidy profit ($50 is a lot of money for a 14 year old :wink:)
-An old water heater

UndrWatrDan:
The most notable things I have found: a 65hp outboard motor and a pair of dentures

*singing* Grandpa got runned over by an Evinrude, swimming out by our cabin one summer's eve..... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom