Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found, but did not retrieve:

a "life cycle"(?)-one of those stationary exercise bikes, complete with the electronic keypad, seat, etc-intact!
the strange part was that this was almost a mile offshore.

also:(on a different dive, many years before the above "discovery")
a nearly complete set of dive gear: BC with tank attached (not empty),with regulators that functioned when the purge buttons were pressed.
This was found in a short tunnel-like swim through.

Mike

A ring of keys next to an unopened beer bottle (that date didn't turn out right) and a pair of expensive sunglasses. Turned out they came from the DM of the boat I just dove from. Didn't know they had been lost and she never thanked me for finding them :frown:

Well heck...I was all excited about the rubber snorkel keeper I found in KW last July!

You guys all found cool stuff!

In Hawaii in '02 I found a credit card and drivers license sitting right next to each other on the coral. It looked like the guy just dropped them moments before. I called the CC company to report the find, but they said the card had been cancelled the day before and to just cut it up. I gave the license to the resort to mail back to the guy.

In Redondo Harbor in '97 I found a toilet, sitting upright and half-sunk in the sand. This was a harbor cleanup, so I got a lift bag and spent 15 minutes with a friend digging it out and bringing it up. Wish we had a camera, I would have sat on it.

I think the best story was when I found a weight belt at the Catalina Dive Park, with the initials AZW (or something uncommon like that) on the weights in yellow paint. I brought it up thinking I had a new weight belt. When removing my gear at my dive bag, I noticed the guy next to me had the same initials all over his gear, in the same yellow paint. So I asked him if he was missing a weight belt. It turns out he has lost it a week before, and had written it off. Quite a conicidence that he was there the following week at just the right time of day, and parked his gear right next to me, and was standing there so I could see the initials on his gear.

Oh, and there was a large beach umbrella (opened) that I dragged back to shore...talk about hydrodynamic drag. My very helpful friend lent his assistance by videotaping my struggles.

Tom Smedley:
I was diving the eastern jetties at Destin and found a hair scrunchy, a bra, a pair of panties, and a five dollar bill all in one hole in the rocks.

Is this an omen?

My GF would like the stuff back now. LOL....

Gary D.:
Did you see we got the other two?

Gary D.
Oh, yes. Ever since I met you, it seems like the CDAS are in the news alot. :11:
BTW, made a nice dive under the marina today, came back up at the usual beach by Tubbs and got stuck under enough ice that we couldn't break through. Went back out about 50 yards where it thinned and I broke through it with my head. See, there is some use for it...

PB565:
A Coney Island jellyfish.
Oh. I don't wanna know what that is. Seriously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom