Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got out yesterday morning for a quick dive and picked up a Coca Cola hobble skirt bottle with 'CUBA' on the bottom. If I'm reading the marking I found on the side correctly, the bottle was made in Sept. of 1941. The bottle was very clean and is in exellent shape. I'll post some pics soon.

That is an awesome find indeed!
Can't wait to see your pictures.

It could very well be worth its weight in gold.

Got out yesterday morning for a quick dive and picked up a Coca Cola hobble skirt bottle with 'CUBA' on the bottom. If I'm reading the marking I found on the side correctly, the bottle was made in Sept. of 1941. The bottle was very clean and is in exellent shape. I'll post some pics soon.

Now that's got to be one rare Coke bottle, definitely a keeper.

When I was diving off the Coast close to Vancouver, (raiding the crab traps of the fishermen on the pier) I was coming back with my goodie bag of crab when I noticed a yellow nylon line moving past me over head.. I stopped and grabbed the line and decided to drag it with me to find out what was on the other end. Turns out there was a frantic Korean on the pier waving his arms around and grabbing his hair. He had just purchased a very expensive crab trap and this was his first day using it. In the excitement of using it for the first time... he had forgotten to tie it off before he cast it out to the water. I just happen to be there as the line was following the nice new trap. His family must have taken a thousand pictures of us and the trap and thanked me a thousand times. I'm sure he thought his tap was long gone and I must have been an angel to him coming out of the water with the line to his trap.

Here is a picture of some of the gold my buddies and I recovered last season, there were some of the guys not available at the time this was taken so not all coins were available for the photo shoot.
Fisher's group aren't the only ones getting gold these days.
ZDD

Attachments

• DSC02929.jpg
    DSC02929.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 696
Awesome DAVE~!!!! were you looking for this gold specifically or were they a pleasant surprise?
We knew that this ship had gold on it, it went down in the 1800s and has be professionally salvaged 3 times. I guess they didn't find it all. I now that there has been around 60 gold coins found on her since, I hope that this season there will be another 60 found by us.
The season will be starting soon but for now we have more bottle diving to do.
I didn't get out today, my grandson's first birthday party and my anniversary so diving had to take a back seat.
If you look back in this thread I have posted other pix of finds from our dives on some of the wreck's up here.
ZDD

DSCF0463.JPG

This bottle says 'Not to Be refilled' on it.... does anyone know what it was used for?
This is the first treasure/junk I ever pulled out and I'm very curious to know what it is...

Looks to be a modern style medicine bottle. Machine made with a screw-cap lid.

Back
Top Bottom