Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If anyone diving in Colorado finds a fishing pole or about 5 dozen lures while diving in Lake Granby (if anyone ever dives there), they all belong to me. One of these days the lake and are going to have it out and I will find everything I've lost in 15+ years.

Only on my 5th dive but found a nice snorkel at Morrison springs. I want to go looking for shark teeth in the near future anyone know where I should start I live on east cost.

You say you live on the "East Coast" but your sign in location says "Cincinnati, Ohio", you'll need to go further East my friend, lol

Well, I know they find teeth from Maryland all the way down to Florida, so pick a spot and go. Seriously, you should get on a charter boat that specializes in shark tooth hunting. Good luck and post some pics~!

DSCF0463.JPG

This bottle says 'Not to Be refilled' on it.... does anyone know what it was used for?
This is the first treasure/junk I ever pulled out and I'm very curious to know what it is...

Hay Bubble_Boy, I don`t know what it was used for but I know what it is G R bage.:D
Don`t let this get you down, keep looking you are in a good area for bottles. Anything with a screw top leave it down there the little fish like to hide in them. If it has a crown stopper it might be worth something so you will have to research them. Crown stoppers were introduced in the early 1900s. Post your bottle finds in the bottle diving forum and there are lot`s of bottle divers that can help you determine the age and value.
ZDD

Last summer my son found a Data Mask in Beaver lake. Apparantly it was lost the previous evening on a night dive... the guy showed up the next day to look for it and was REALLY grateful to have it back... he gave my son a $20 reward!

Check a few of the bottle collecting websites. If I remember right, the phrase on it was required by law to be put on bottle containing alcohol until around the 1960s. But I would double check since I am no expert.

DSCF0463.JPG

This bottle says 'Not to Be refilled' on it.... does anyone know what it was used for?
This is the first treasure/junk I ever pulled out and I'm very curious to know what it is...

Other than the usual fishing and boating items, I have found:

Local Waters

early 1950's Coca Cola bottle
early 1950's Pepsi bottle
other old beer bottles

Caribbean

Pair of gold earrings (matching)

Last summer my son found a Data Mask in Beaver lake. Apparantly it was lost the previous evening on a night dive... the guy showed up the next day to look for it and was REALLY grateful to have it back... he gave my son a $20 reward!

I'm glad your son did the right thing, but that guy should have given him at least $100. Datamasks are hella expensive.

I'm glad your son did the right thing, but that guy should have given him at least $100. Datamasks are hella expensive.

Yeah they are... that was about $1K worth of mask. I think all he had on him was a 20 and the reward wasn't even necessary... it was just the right thing to do... besides $20 is a lot to a 10 year old. But I bet that gut wanted to throw up when he realized he'd lost it :shocked2:... imagine his relief when he got it back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom