Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apart from the usual things like motorway cones and shopping trolleys, I did find a nice white gold wedding band in cozumel

Probably an anchor I found...the sucky thing was I was diving without a BC at the time, so I had fun hauling it back to shore LOL.

other things...expensive oakley eyeglass frames, other glasses, golf balls, fishing items, could of nice big sea biscuits (dead, makes for nice decorations), $1, bottles, etc (all in the ocean). I'm starting a little treasure box in the garage and just dropping everything I find in there. It will make for fun stories later :)

IMG_5316%20copy.jpg

A nice 5 Megapixel digital camera, just lying on the bottom in 20 feet of water. When I asked around, I found out that one of our dive group had lost his on the previous dive. I had a lot of fun showing off my "new camera", especially when he realized it was his.

I'm down for finding some money. I've only found a snorkel, scrunchie and a yogurt container.
Good thing my lively hood isn't treasure hunting.

I found a large dead shark pushed up against the 5th finger of Newport, Oregon's South Jetty. I wanted to pull it out by the tail and take a better look at it. I don't know what it was doing so far up the bay, but it wasn't a shark! And it wasn't dead - it It was a "Big Skate (Raja binoculata). With me holding on to it, it began to "fly" - pulling me along with it's 3+ foot "wings". It barely moved it's powerful "wings" (as if my 200 hundred pound body plus gear weighed nothing) but it rapidly swung us towards and out towards the ocean. I let go and was in awe as I watched this beautiful creature dissapear into the murky waters.

The coolest thing I found, was a clam shell in a clear bottle.

found a tackle box last weekend under the ice. It was on a psd training dive...

We went diving again on Sunday. With the ice conditions here this year I figured it would be good to be ready. I will try to post the pictures from last weekend I couldn't get them to load. We were searching for remnants of a P-51 Mustang, that went down in a local lake 50 some years ago. We had some promising side scan images from the summer to check out. Visibility triples in the wintertime.

Definitely a good day of diving. I only thought about blue water Diving 75 times throughout the day! The tone was set for the day when we're leaving the landing and heading three quarters of a mile away to our dive site. I was on the back of the snowmobile (it was not a two-man snowmobile) and we were pulling another sled loaded with our first load of gear, when we started breaking through into the slush. I went to jump off to lighten the load so we didn't get stuck. Evidently the snowmobile was moving faster than I thought, my feet hit the ground and my forward momentum catapulted me forward causing me to do a face and head plant into the slush. too bad the cameras weren't rolling. I am feeling it today though. I could use a tissue

YouTube - GEICO - Sarge

When I found the tackle box, it was right after I found the smashed up computer. It was at least three quarters of the way buried into the hard bottom. It was all metal and very heavy. Right away I thought it was a safe full of gold and rare coins!! Luckily I had found a ice scooper, and was able to dig it out and lift bag to the surface. I will be thawing it out today. It was also really cool to dive the shipwreck that John found this summer. Managed to log 55 minutes of bottom time in 1 dive, a new personal ice dive best. Then of course John had to dive for 58 minutes .

Attachments

• tackle box 001.jpg
    tackle box 001.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 295
  • tackle box 006.jpg
    tackle box 006.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 273
  • tackle box 007.jpg
    tackle box 007.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 274
  • tackle box 008.jpg
    tackle box 008.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 249
  • tackle box 009.jpg
    tackle box 009.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 236
I found a nice dive knife that some diver above me had just apparently dropped (good thing it missed me on the way down).

I also found a wedding band not too far from the LTBS Pier giving me the impression that it might have been thrown there.
It has an inscription in it that indicates a wedding date of 6-6-92.
a6890bae-2548-4883.jpg

Dozen nickels, Hundreds of penny's, Several dozen dimes, many tokens, Pukka Beads in tack with roller clasps, 2 Wallets, 100+ bottles of wine, beer, water, champagne over 6 years of looking, see Catalina harbor Cleanup for online videos or ww.myspace.com/scuba_greg videos.

Back
Top Bottom