Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jet-ski anchor-bag full of rocks
A small home-made anchor made of concrete in the shape of a tupperware bowl
A mason jar sealed and full of home made pickles, lid rusted on
An orange waterski flag
An umbrella skeleton (just the metal parts)
A bow fishing arrow
A brand new pony tank :D
Sunglasses

Lots of golf balls
German WWII helmet
Dead sea bird
Dead fish
Dead dog attached to a stone
Lead weights
Matching fins
Wallet (complete and returned to owner)
Tools (screw drivers, etc)
Propeller
Kamera (still working)
Phone
Wrecks
Steering wheel (loose on the deck of a barge)
Amphora (broken)
Anchor (several)
Fine caliber ammunition
Glasses
Bottles
Cars
Fake diver (mannequin dressed up as diver in dry suit and scuba gear)
Black plastic bags (didn't open)
UW camera
Mesh bag (empty)
Fishing hooks
Set table (scuba prank)
Cargo container
Staircase
Raft
Sewage pipe...

Safe Diving!
Vrakis

i literally found a bong. that beats anything, i'm pretty sure.

This last week I found a old Wood Stock anchor (Very large 8ft) with about 100 foot of chain and a steel crossbar anchor (also large about 6ft) with a bit more chain.

yesterday diving off Jupiter,Fl I found a 7' one piece inshore Shakespeare Ugly Stick fishing rod with Penn Captiva Reel.

I found an a woman who drove her car off the road 39 years ago. She apparently drove off the highway over a 300' cliff and into the lake. This is in Skaha Lake in Penticton BC, Canada. I first found the car and then recovered it as a lake clean up project. After getting the car to shore and flipping it right side up, we got a big supprise when we found a skeleton inside. The good news is the son of the woman who is now 40 knows that his mother didn't run out on him, which was what a lot of people told him while he was growing up.

I found an a woman who drove her car off the road 39 years ago. She apparently drove off the highway over a 300' cliff and into the lake. This is in Skaha Lake in Penticton BC, Canada. I first found the car and then recovered it as a lake clean up project. After getting the car to shore and flipping it right side up, we got a big supprise when we found a skeleton inside. The good news is the son of the woman who is now 40 knows that his mother didn't run out on him, which was what a lot of people told him while he was growing up.

when i lived in penticton there were tales /rumours of that effect , i'm glad for the family you solved that mystery. thank you

Just a thought I decided to share on how I found and then left behind.

In current, this last Friday, I found a bunch of recreational crab pots entangle and piled up. Scared the wits out of me - mostly because I was tempted to salvage a couple, but I thought better and surfaced shortly thereafter. I might consider returning to the site with a buddy and in slack tide, but I would not want to be part of the entanglement.

Earlier this summer, I found one of my student's wedding ring in the local quarry. She was a newlywed & when she realized she had lost it, she was absolutely devestated. Later that day, after the class had wrapped up for the day & everyone had gone home, I was working on my buoyancy in my doubles. I was puttering around the shallow area, half way looking for the ring, but with no real hope of finding it, since the vis in the quarry was only 5- 10 ft. After about 10 min. I saw a 1/4 arc in the mud. I decided to check it out closer & lo & behold! there was the ring. The next morning I surprised the student with the ring & was she overjoyed. That was a good feeling deep down.

Back
Top Bottom