Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 Pair Oakley Sun Glasses, 1 $3500 Rolex Watch(he knocked it off the edge while fueling his boat) 1 non stick frying pan, 1 3 d cell mag lite, (and yes it still works) 1 porta potty, 1 anchor ( now use it for my boat) 5 Dock fuel lines, 1 10ft canoe, to many golf balls to count,3 fishing poles, 1 tackle box.

A couple of 2 lb fishing weights, $500 Anchor/chain/line and a $200,000 UW video camera have been the latest finds.

Best thing I've ever found was a Nikon 8008 with Ikelite housing and dual strobes. The guy at the local dive shop told me the setup cost well over $3000. After a few calls I was able to locate the owner. Apparently he had lost the camera over 2 months before and assumed it was lost forever. He was pretty happy to say the least.

Yesterday I found two $1 bills floating on the surface. Waited around a while for the $20s, $50s, and $100s to start showing up, but they never appeared.

5lbs lead weight, 3 pound lime green rubber coated weight, 2 snorkels, bar bell, dumbbell with 2x 2lbs plates on it, DIY "DIR" steak knife, and a clear mask lens lost by student when it popped out of his mask just before entering for a dive. Everything but the snorkels and 5lbs weight were found this past weekend in Guppy Gulch.

I was also able to find my own mask which I apparently lost off my arm while surface swimming to the exit point, as well as a student's tank after they let it roll off the dock.

A couple of 2 lb fishing weights, $500 Anchor/chain/line and a $200,000 UW video camera have been the latest finds.

What?

I found a box of science, or so we call it. Someone placed old-school audio tape in a tupperware box and sunk it for a couple months. Apparently the guy is an artist and wants to see what effects prolonged submersion in nasty lake water will do to the audio quality of the tape. Sounds interesting, but I haven't heard how it turned out.

Other than that, I found a cheap mask Saturday, a fishing pole today, a quarter, sunglasses, and of course countless beer cans and bottles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom