Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years ago, I found a brass engine degreaser from the keel of the Stolt Dagali off Jersey. As I brought it up from 130 feet of water, it started spewing the chemical as I decompressed it through the water column. It was a nasty retrieve, but it shined up great. The writing under the screw off cap was readable. It came from the UK (the Stolt is Norwegian). My buddy and I share the artifact (he's in Chicago), and he is long overdue to give it back to me.

A few weeks ago, my one buddy's wife dropped her 6K wedding/engagement ring under the waterpark at the local quarry. We went in the next day before they opened that part of the park, and another buddy in our four man team found it in four minutes, in 50 feet. She was so happy, she cried. We actually found treasure. Lots of fun (since we found it)

testing new gear off Bainbridge island about 3 years ago I found a cremated body. Committed to the sea in 1944. The urn was a brass book about the size of a dictionary in 40 feet of water. I thought it might have been a book shelf safe and had visions of gold and jewels from a water getaway robbery on the island. Took it home and opened it up to find a sack of ashes in plastic with a tag giving the name, age and date of death. Very creepy to say the least. Closed the thing up and took it back to where I found it and but it back.

Today we found several pieces of jewlery, a clay pipe bowl, and a few pieces of concreation with stones embedded in them, oh yeah and a English gold coin dated 1853. Not a bad day diving for the group. This wreck is to remain nameless for obvious reasons.

Following the dive we went to a beautiful, hidden cove with a small cascading brook from a lake, very nice.

Can't wait to get out again
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG00172.jpg
    IMG00172.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG00171.jpg
    IMG00171.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG00175.jpg
    IMG00175.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG00167.jpg
    IMG00167.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 251
i found a fishing pole in the keys this weekend :D

i found 2 broken fishing poles, a ton of fishing baits, beer cans , 2 pair of masks, a fin, and a 5 foot triten pole spear.

The most interesting was a timex watch with one pin missing. Yep - it was still ticking. And that remark tells you how old I am :(

Back
Top Bottom