Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Sunday I found a bottle in the Thousand Island region of Ontario.
In that part of the St-Lawrence River there had been a lot of alcohol smuggling during the prohibition.

This bottle was lying on the bottom with hundreds of others, wine, gin, whiskey, champagne, uncapped and without labels.

I can imagine some smugglers preferred dumping their loot rather than being caught red handed by customs officers

What makes it particular is that it still has a screw on aluminum cap and clear liquid inside.

1933 is molded on the bottom and it has a flat shape reminiscent of the Art Deco period.

If anyone here is interested I will try to post a picture.

Last Sunday I found a bottle in the Thousand Island region of Ontario.
In that part of the St-Lawrence River there had been a lot of alcohol smuggling during the prohibition.

This bottle was lying on the bottom with hundreds of others, wine, gin, whiskey, champagne, uncapped and without labels.

I can imagine some smugglers preferred dumping their loot rather than being caught red handed by customs officers

What makes it particular is that it still has a screw on aluminum cap and clear liquid inside.

1933 is molded on the bottom and it has a flat shape reminiscent of the Art Deco period.

If anyone here is interested I will try to post a picture.

Love to see it. please post a picture. By the sounds of it the contents of bottles you found were likely dumped out by the police or customs officers and the one you found might have slipped out of the hand of the person doing the dumping.

ZDD

In my very brief dive career I have found a mask, vintage snorkel and a male wedding band, white gold in almost zero viz coming inshore in Maui. Kind of felt a bit like Golem with that find :).

Not very interesting but I have found about 6 golfballs, a tackle box filled with fishing gear, and a 3oz fishing weight. Also found an anchor but didn't have the tools to recover it :(

Here's a sample from this weeks diving :)

Attachments

• Saint Joseph South Pier - July 2010.jpg
    Saint Joseph South Pier - July 2010.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 623
Found a van last week in lake michigan... No license plate.. Oh and it had a nearly equal size boulder on top of it! Also found a mixer, crockpot, and an old Aces Hi steel beer can from the 60's.

Finally caught up...I had to stop halfway through and snorkel around the docks the college kids drink around:) I'm new to the boards, been diving for a year and a half now.

I've just found the regular stuff, bottles, sunglasses, dog leashes, a lacrosse ball, beer cans, trash.

Back
Top Bottom