Things your dive buddies do that get on your nerves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hate it when they just keep following me around.

Whats wrong with a Liverpool accent???
Ever wonder what a 'liverpool' is? Is it a pool filled with livers? Is it a pool to keep your liver in? I've heard of kidney-shaped-pools. Perhaps it's a liver-shaped-pool? Perhaps it's a group of livers waiting to be selected to do liver things? You know, like a sectretarial pool. Perhaps it's a game where you roll livers around a table, trying to get them to go down little holes at the corners?

The Queen's English can be so vague.

Usually buddies pull your fins when they want your attention, but you're just swimming off and they can't keep up.

PLEASE :no don't tell my wife,I do LOVE her but underwater she can be a pain in the ***:D

Oops outch her she comes :rofl3:

BTW we're both solo divers so why sould she want my attention duiring a dive:confused:
Ok some times we do dive together.:11doh: but PLEASE don't pull my fins :-0

'Try talking American English, drop that dopey Liverpool accent, '

Whats wrong with a Liverpool accent??? It's not their fault your not from gods country. :wink:

Exactly the same 300bar, another one for the pulling of the fins due to I to had mine bit by a titan trigger fish in thailand, keep expecting to see one every time they get pulled!

HELP :D

Usually buddies pull your fins when they want your attention, but you're just swimming off and they can't keep up.

Nope. In the case of my DM buddy that kept pulling my fin, he was convinced that my SAC rate was higher than it was, and he kept trying to nanny me through the whole week. By the end of the week, I was ready to back-fin and then give him a heel to the face.

'Ever wonder what a 'liverpool' is? Is it a pool filled with livers? Is it a pool to keep your liver in? I've heard of kidney-shaped-pools. Perhaps it's a liver-shaped-pool? Perhaps it's a group of livers waiting to be selected to do liver things? You know, like a sectretarial pool. Perhaps it's a game where you roll livers around a table, trying to get them to go down little holes at the corners?

The Queen's English can be so vague.'

Lol. I'm working on the assumption (hoping to god) that you are joking. It's a city in England
Ever heard of a little group called the Beatles?:popcorn:

Whats wrong with a Liverpool accent??? It's not their fault your not from gods country.

He knows I love him. But it sounds like a mouth full of mush. Is that what they call cockneyed?

And then he takes a wiz off the back of the boat without checking the wind direction. A girl buddy can only take so much....

and PS: he calls America the NANNY STATE

C'mon numbers!

London's Cockney, Liverpool's Scouse. Get with the programme!

I, on the other hand, speak a cultured Queen's English. Except when I start swearing.

DFA.... You got that right!

Plus add in the 'accidental' diver who either continuously bangs into you, pushing you into the substratum of the reef with absolutely no clue what they are doing, or who goes to warp 12 as soon as you're on the wreck at 80 feet knocking past you. Or the recent boob who was decked out like a Christmas tree complete with stage bottles for a 40' dive (not my buddy, we were already at depth!) and drops one which lands on me plowing my face into the coral and breaking my mask (good thing I keep a backup in my pocket).

DIVING IS FUN! LET'S GO DIVING!

The diver who can't stop touching the reef. I was in Bonaire a couple weeks back with a guy I hadn't dove with before. I pointed out a huge seahorse I found, he literally LAYED on top of a huge brain coral to have a look! I mean draped all over it!

And photographers that give us a bad name. I worked very hard to be able to hover in any position, say inverted within inches of the reef without any part of my body or equipment touching anything. If you can't steady yourself without grabbing something, leave the camera at home...

Not fond of the super slow gearing up buddy when they are slow because they are yapping about some dive or other. Hey, how about a nice big cup of shut the *** up and get dressed already!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom