Things you won't find in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ya the eggs we found in curacao were pretty nasty lookin'. lol we washed them good and they were fine. didn't kno about the float test though. thats good to know.

never had any issues on mexico so far. shopping there aint much different than home. just different brands.

i agree with the comments about milk though. and the butter? whats up with the butter? eeewww. it is so watery. some kinda bad mararine i guess. haha

the chocolate coconut ice cream on coz make sup for it though. mmmmm
Mexicans eat a LOT of eggs and you are unlikely to purchase any that aren't fresh-ish. There is a veterinarian on the island who keeps free range chickens on his farm in the jungle and you can buy eggs at his vet offices if you are so inclined. I made the mistake of using what I thought was butter (it said so on the label) when I first started baking here and beat the butter. It was just watery, awful stuff. Then I read the label. It was 20% soy oil. There are about three brands you can buy that are 100% milk. You have to hunt them out. Chedraui usually carries Lurpak. I buy Presidente at Sam's Club but they sometimes have it elsewhere.

Mt dew, if I'm enjoying a soda it's my preference and have yet to find it in Cozumel or any other part of mexico

Mexicans eat a LOT of eggs and you are unlikely to purchase any that aren't fresh-ish. There is a veterinarian on the island who keeps free range chickens on his farm in the jungle and you can buy eggs at his vet offices if you are so inclined. I made the mistake of using what I thought was butter (it said so on the label) when I first started baking here and beat the butter. It was just watery, awful stuff. Then I read the label. It was 20% soy oil. There are about three brands you can buy that are 100% milk. You have to hunt them out. Chedraui usually carries Lurpak. I buy Presidente at Sam's Club but they sometimes have it elsewhere.
We figured out we could buy imported butter this year. Really pricy, but good

Somehow, I never really notice what you can’t find in Cozumel. I’m more likely to be looking for crema, achiote, or good tortillas here in Michigan. :cool:

I'm a fan, but most restaurants have some sort of similar lime soda.

The only place I have ever been able to find Mt. Dew in Mexico is on the ferry between Playa and Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom