Things you will never hear a Southerner say...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one my northern friends get the biggest kick out of is:

"fixin' to" as in "Hey, Y'all, we're fixin to go diving!"

TCB:
The one my northern friends get the biggest kick out of is:

"fixin' to" as in

"Hey, Y'all, we're fixin to go diving!"

And the response would be.....

divin'? youontoo? (prononced that way as one word but meaning "you want to"?

welll...... iwreckins' ( I reckon so)

ha ha ha, y'all, i had eastern nc barbecue (is there any other kind?!), stewed ish taters, n' lace cornbread for lunch!!

in my family, it's 'i swannee', as in 'i swannee if y'all don't cut that out i'm gonna tie your tails in a knot & hang you over the clothesline to fight it out!'

jesus also has a middle name - herman. 'cheezus herman!' and that doesn't count as cussin.

my grandmama used to call all of us 'hussy'. i have no idea if she know what it meant. the phrase was 'you hussy of ya!' but it sounded like 'you huzzyuvya!'

i was in my teens before i figured out what my granddaddy was praying as grace even though it was the same one every time. he just slurred it so bad, i couldn't tell.

I can picture a redneck saying this:
"my mama didnt none teach me about no none here book learnin'"

But not this:

"Sorry I cant watch "The Notebook" with you, Mama, but I need to finish my physics homework"

DvrRick:
I wonder how people know what stuff like this feels like. Off the subject of this thread but....what is it with people who have something that smells or tastes rank and they insist you smell or taste it. (Ok, ok I am guilty of doing this too :wink:) Some sort of programmed response? Is it Learned or or we born with this behaivior? :eyebrow:

It's the old adage of, "Misery loves company."

Day's only 2 kinder taters . . . . icepuh and sweetpuh

I would never hear them say:

"How about a cat for a pet?"

"lets go for sushi"

"Well... i bought my KIA for the warranty"

here's one you have to be southern to even understand why we wouldn't say it...

'i'll have my chitlings with a side of corn, please'

bwah hah hah!

When did "Southern" become the same as "redneck"?

Back
Top Bottom