Things to do other than Dive in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that she would pay Chris to conveniently leave me out in the ocean if I tried this little ploy. :D

Yeah, I hear ya. Seriously, if I tried that on my wife, it would be my last dive, unless 6ft. under dirt counts. I doubt my computer would register it either. :wink:
When I went to Key Largo last summer on vacation, diving mostly, which my wife doesn't do; we just enjoyed walking the beach, sitting and having a cold one, etc. We were there to relax and that was the things we enjoyed. Shopping, movies, etc. we can do in Chattanooga. Ocean sunsets and beaches, are a treat if you don't live near one. :)

A week ago, I was planning to do a combined snorkel and dive trip with my daughter and mother (they snorkel while I dove) but the marine conditions did not allow for snorkeling and I did not really feel like dealing with the surge that is usually associated with 4+ waves in ultra shallow dive sites. Anyway, we had to find alternate things to do. Theater of the Sea in Islamorada (a marine park, sort of like an ultra cheap, but quaint, version of Sea World) was enjoyable. The lagoons that the dolphins lived in looked far more humane than some of the other places I've been. You can also do the same sort of 'swim with the dolphins' as other places suggested above. Other activities in Key Largo tend to be centered around the water: rent jet skis, rent kayaks, parasail. This is sort of an interesting place to kill some time if you are into the local artist scene.

Rain Barrel Village of Artists and Craftspeople - Information

Tower of Pizza has a good Chicken Parm sandwich. I also like Snooks: a place to eat on the bay that I find relaxing at the end of a busy day. DJ's diner is good for breakfast type food.

hope you and your non-diving partners enjoy the trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom