Things to do other than Dive in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm I am thinking they will end up in a tropical bar getting chatted up by young, tanned, fit men with no jobs and lots of lust.

Then again it is the Keys.. = Chatted up by young, tanned, fit womyn with no job and lots of lust.

In that case I would recommend the Safari Lounge or the Caribbean Club.

I would pick a good clear sunny day for a trip further South. Thats when you get the beautiful sea vistas from the bridges that connect the Keys. Heres some stuff (in no particular order) that we get up to on our rare days off:

Annes beach - Islamorada
Founders Park - Islamorada
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner chilling out at the Conch House in Key Largo
Feed the tarpon at Robbies marina
Stroll round the Trueman Annexe and back streets of Key West. Dinner at Cafe Soleil
Visit the Worldwide Sportsman shop / Islamorada Fish Company and have dinner on the beach next door at Morada Bay. Watch the sunset.
Go to South Beach, dine Al Fresco on Hispanola Way & shop on Lincoln Mall
Take a trip to Coral Gables and shop on the Miracle Mile
Miami Metro Zoo - close to the Keys.
Theatre of the Sea - Islamorada

Look forward to meeting you all!

They could go to Shell World or T-Shirt City. Or better yet, Divers Direct and buy you a gift !

How about the movie theater, bowling, library, or my most favorite thing to do when not diving - visit the dog park at Founder's Park and talk to locals and play with the dogs.

If you have a couple credit cards, pick one, call in and have it temporarily frozen/suspended and give it to her. Tell her to enjoy herself while you're diving. When you get back from the dive, put on a big show of indignation toward the stupid credit card company's incompetence that ruined her day. Take her to diner, buy some wine and chocolate, BINGO, you're set! :eyebrow:
:popcorn: Yeah, I'm a cheap pig!

If you have a couple credit cards, pick one, call in and have it temporarily frozen/suspended and give it to her. Tell her to enjoy herself while you're diving. When you get back from the dive, put on a big show of indignation toward the stupid credit card company's incompetence that ruined her day. Take her to diner, buy some wine and chocolate, BINGO, you're set! :eyebrow:
:popcorn: Yeah, I'm a cheap pig!

I think that she would pay Chris to conveniently leave me out in the ocean if I tried this little ploy. :D

There's a decent movie theatre too just south of Key Largo as well... nice little Thai restaurant at that shopping center as well. Good for one afternoon of entertainment.

There's a decent movie theatre too just south of Key Largo as well... nice little Thai restaurant at that shopping center as well. Good for one afternoon of entertainment.

I have eaten at the Thai restaurant before. It wasn't bad.

Has anyone done the glass bottom boat trips?

Froid

I second the Tower Pizza. Thats some good stuff. We have to have it everytime we are down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom