Things to do other than Dive in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froid

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I will admit that I am being lazy by not using the search feature, but I just don't want to read through a hundred posts.

Here is the question, We are going to Key Largo on Oct 21st for 4 days. There are 12 of us that are diving with Silent World. 2 wives are not divers and have no wish to snorkel. What the heck can they do in Key Largo other than eat? Maybe a day trip to Key West? Any other ideas to keep them entertained?

Thanks for the help.

Froid

Key West is a 2-3 hour drive depending on traffic. Interesting to see in the day, can be very interesting to see at night !

Probably an hour ot two the other way (and left) you can find airboat tours in the Everglades.

If they like Kayaking, I'm sure there's places around.

If they like to sit on beaches, there's Pennekamp Park on mile marker 104 with a little beach - it also has glass bottomed boats (along with snorkel and dive boats) - has a little concession place as well with snacks etc. (look on the web for it) [http://www.pennekamppark.com/index.html]

Further uptowards Key West is Bahia Honda Park - also some beachy stuff

Last edited:
Rent a 'yak. Some great sites to get up and close to quietly.

What the heck can they do in Key Largo other than eat?

Drink

Lots of little shops...my wife doesn't dive so she uses the days I'm diving to hit the "foo foo" shops I won't go into! (at least for more then a minute to determine that it's "foo foo")

Some times we end up taking back more than we came with! hahaha!

Other than that, little beaches, pools, Theatre of the Sea is a little ways down the road...further yet is the Dolphin Research Center (history of diving museum..cough cough)

Hmm I am thinking they will end up in a tropical bar getting chatted up by young, tanned, fit men with no jobs and lots of lust.

Then again it is the Keys.. = Chatted up by young, tanned, fit womyn with no job and lots of lust.

Isn't that pretty much understood? Keys= alcohol

Hmm I am thinking they will end up in a tropical bar getting chatted up by young, tanned, fit men with no jobs and lots of lust.

Then again it is the Keys.. = Chatted up by young, tanned, fit womyn with no job and lots of lust.

Hmmmm, not sure how to respond to this one.

Besides Key West day trip, Miami / Miami Beach is also a decent day trip. Plenty of shopping and people watching in Miami Beach. Some fru fru museums and things up there too.

There's also Theatre of the Sea and a couple of dolphin experiences in / around Key Largo.

So if you look at 2 day trips, plus one laying around the beach day plus one of the excursions in / around Key Largo like Sea Yaking or Theatre of the Sea, you have 4 solid days of things to do for non-divers. I would also recommend at least one trip out on the boat snorkeling as well for them. Snorkeling on Molasses Reef or Carysfort is pretty awesome.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom