Theft and Diabetes Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the dimensions? Big old non-LED dive lights (like 8C or D) make reliable dryboxes. I doubt too many people use them anymore so there's probably some lurking in peoples garages if you ask around. I regret getting rid of a few.

I hadn't thought of a camera case. Went to leisurepro to see what type of cases were available. The pouch cases aren't rated for depth. The camera housings are not cheap.

Great idea in theory. Now I need to see if we can make it work in practice. Thank you for the suggestion!

was thinking some discontinued one on ebxx.....

$19.99 for a Coolpix L6 Ikelite case....

Thank you all for your suggestions! I really appreciate your help!

I keep my mask in a small Pelican case, and when I'm diving and the case is empty, that's where my car keys, glasses, wallet, cell phone, can all stay dry and secure. Or in a second similar case. The real things are not all that expensive if you shop around. For anything important, I wouldn't use one of the cheap knock-off brands.

I keep my mask in a small Pelican case, and when I'm diving and the case is empty, that's where my car keys, glasses, wallet, cell phone, can all stay dry and secure. Or in a second similar case. The real things are not all that expensive if you shop around. For anything important, I wouldn't use one of the cheap knock-off brands.

Pelican cases are guaranteed to be watertight to a depth of 3 feet for 30 minutes (IP 67) - hardly what she needs to protect medical equipment underwater. FWIW - I just sent an email to IkeLite asking if they considered marketing "real waterproof cases" for us divers. There reply was that they had in the past but not currently....

There was a post on the thread that got me thinking about this with a link to ewa-marine. They have a pouch rated to 100' which looks perfect.

There was a post on the thread that got me thinking about this with a link to ewa-marine. They have a pouch rated to 100' which looks perfect.
Avoid pouches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom