Theft and Diabetes Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljwillia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was reading another thread about insulin pumps and dry suits when I realized we might have an issue in Bonair. My husband is a type 1 diabetic. He wears an insulin pump. When we are boat diving he uses his blood glucose test kit and then unhooks his pump and puts it in our boat bag before getting in the water.

If we can't leave anything in the truck I'm worried about what to do with his kit and pump while we're diving. We can't take the chance of having it stolen and neither is waterproof. Anyone have any recommendations for a drybox that is small enough to take diving?

I've wondered if someone like IkeLite would consider making them (essentially their housing without controls).

I've wondered if someone like IkeLite would consider making them (essentially their housing without controls).

I hadn't thought of a camera case. Went to leisurepro to see what type of cases were available. The pouch cases aren't rated for depth. The camera housings are not cheap.

Great idea in theory. Now I need to see if we can make it work in practice. Thank you for the suggestion!

Light Monkey uses a battery canister without putting in a hole for a cord. Tell them what diameter you need and how long. Ridiculously sturdy I know of several divers who use them for epirbs.

Light Monkey uses a battery canister without putting in a hole for a cord. Tell them what diameter you need and how long. Ridiculously sturdy I know of several divers who use them for epirbs.

Thank you! I'll check it out.

Yeah I was about to say an empty light canister with the holes plugged is very useful.

What are the dlmensions of the pump? I may have an old light or camera case I would be willing to lend.

Also contact the dive shop you are using. They may have something to rent or lend.

What are the dlmensions of the pump? I may have an old light or camera case I would be willing to lend.

Also contact the dive shop you are using. They may have something to rent or lend.

I just talked to my husband. He's planning on using an Insulin pen on dive days. That means we only have to worry about the glucose monitoring kit. The whole it is only about 3 x 5 x 1. He can take the components out and make it much smaller.

Back
Top Bottom