The Ultrasonic Vibrated Its Last . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't compare performance, but did notice in the spec sheet that came with the (2L) unit that I just bought that the 1.3 and 2L units have 60W (1 transducer) while the larger units have more transducers hence more power. Presumably more liquid = more power needed... 3.2L gets 2 (120W) 6.5L gets 3 (180W).

Ultrasonic cleaners are almost as viscerally satisfying as a power washer and a dirty sidewalk.

I drank the low price kool-aid too. For two import units. Could.not.beat.the.price.
One died just after the 1-year warranty. One died just before. The company for the second one sent me a new circuit board. I soldered it in and am back in business. But the Branson I bought as used in frustration after the second failure is still working great. So now I have two.

But the Branson is far more effective, side by side. Jes' sayin.

Here's what I've learned, component quality aside. Transducer circuit boards? Pick your poison. Transducers? Who knows?

But digital controls? NO!
Old fashioned spring timers? Yes!
Degree by degree temp control? NO!
On-off heater switch? Yes!

High frequency vibration and printed circuitry are inherently incompatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom