The Ultrasonic Vibrated Its Last . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had wrestled with the notion of finally buying a nice yup-scale ultrasonic cleaner for some time, after going through a couple of Vevor models, from “LexCorp” over the years — each at about US 100.00, give or take; but decided once again to go the cheap-o route.

Both of the recent cleaners were heavily used and abused for six or more years — and each paid for themselves in spades. A friend in the electronics industry mentioned that the transducers vary little between brands and most are manufactured by a single Asian supplier, and those only varied in power.

Now, post-covidiocy, getting any of these appliances actually serviced, should that ever become necessary, is becoming a far greater issue than any initial cost, with many of the familiar small appliance repair joints, that I was familiar with, having pulled the blinds since 2021 . . .

My last ultrasonic met an untimely end when the drain rusted through.
My next one won't have a drain...

Attachments

• 20230627_165904.jpg
    20230627_165904.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 66
My last ultrasonic met an untimely end when the drain rusted through.
My next one won't have a drain...
I have a super nice one with a drain but I never fill the basin with chemicals. I use paint mixing cups to hold the parts/chemicals and just use water in the main basin. Uses less chemicals, less cleaning and rinsing, and if it leaks, well tap water is a lot less awful if it gets on something then vinegar. My drain is nowhere near the electronics, but it's more about the desk/floor/etc

A friend in the electronics industry mentioned that the transducers vary little between brands and most made by a single Asian supplier, which only varied in power.
That leads me to wonder if they can be upgraded with aftermarket parts.

Back
Top Bottom